Ventile Poncho

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Is £110 too much?

• Total voters

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Come on gents we need a review and picture of these in use.At the minute it seems as if everyone who's had one is afraid to comment,is there a reason for this?There must be a few people waiting for a review before the buy one.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Just by way of information (I have just been asked to post this by Hilltrek).

"We would like to increase the price of the Ventile poncho on our website to £135 however for BCUK members we will maintain it at £115 at least until the end of this month.

To get this price the BCUK member would include in the information sent with the order their BCUK log on name."

LBL

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I took mine out overnight last night in place of my Ventile smock.

I didn't need as rain wear, but I did drape it over me whilst I was reading under the tarp as a blanket.

This morning, the wind had dropped so I rigged it up as a tarp (flying V) just as a photo op really...
DSCN3018.jpg

DSCN3024.jpg

First impressions - very good!

It is plenty big enough to sleep under, and when worn as a poncho is almost silent, which is a big plus in my book.

Simon

lmanton

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2007
Shropshire, UK
Mine arrived weeks ago, Thank you to LBL, Wayland, Hilltrek and anyone else who contributed to this initiative. I am really pleased with the quality and design, I have not had chance to use it yet but I intend to take it with me on the Devices to Westminster Endurance canoe race at Easter. I will post how I got on with it after the event!
Cheers
Leigh

subedarmajor

Forager
May 25, 2008
winterton uk
Took mine out on a canoe trip last weekend. It was most useful, seeing service as both a ground sheet and a waterproof.
My companion for the day (also the owner of the canoe) tried it and was impressed by how light and comfortable it is. It doesn't get in the way when paddling and is very quiet.
I must remember to take a spare belt next time, howaever as I nearly came a cropper getting out when the hem got under my feet!

Cheers, Alan.

malcolmc

Forager
Jun 10, 2006
Wiltshire
www.webwessex.co.uk
Mine arrived Saturday.

I’m very impressed by the quality of the workmanship, it looks and feels bomb proof. First thoughts were that it feels light, but it’s about the same weight as army surplus ones. It’s a bit bulkier, but it still fits snugly in the Viper large modular pouch (which I use as a butt pack) with room for about 10 m of 11mm rope below it.

It’s a classy bit of kit and I, for one, am glad I did decide to shell what at first glance seemed a lot of cash; it’s worth every penny, IMHO.

Thanks to all concerned in bringing this to fruition. :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE