Veggie Beef Jerky?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I believe the whole point of jerky is to provide both energy and protein, I hardly think a veggy option is worth considering for any more than home use.quote]

For the same reason as meat ones. It is lightweight, tasty, protein. 200g dries out at 35........and that's a big chunk of a day's protein intake for me :)

cheers,
Toddy

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
Well, I don't know much in the way of how it makes jerky, I have never really looked into it. But 200gms of beef jerky typically breaks down as far as I know to have about the same as what your stating there at 35.

I think as a fan of meat I have always considered tofu as inferior as a substitute, thanks for putting me logically right.

Not sure I am going to be making any of it anytime soon though.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Thing is, if I want to eat beef jerky...I eat beef jerky!

If I want a nice vegitarian dish I'll have a mushroom stroganoff...or a spanish omlette......

Never seen the point of vegetables pretending to be meat...

Red

I have never got that as well and even as a meat lover I also love a lot of vegie food. I would probably only go for it if it had a longer shelf life than the normal prepacked stuff you find in the bottom of your pack/boot from don't know when.

On the subject of Vegie Jerky you can make some good onion based jerkies. The texture was a bit hard you can make a pretty good vegie french onion soup from it.

If I can find the recipe I will post it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ooh cool recipes :D

Tell you though, thon illustration fair reminds me of the tanned skins of the bog bodies :yuck:

I might have problems thinking this stuff is food :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE