Vaude Bivi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gbjim03m

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2006
Nevada, for a while
Has anyone seen or used a vaude bivi, i usually use a poncho as im in the forces, but with these vaude bivi's i can get rid of my bivvy bag and poncho for a 910g all in one green vaude at £100, does anyone have any experience or actually own one of these bits of kit?

Thank you in advance
Jim

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
I quite rate the vaude stuff. We sell a few of the Bivi tents to hunters here in NZ and they really like them. They're really compact and well put together.

it's good that it has the poles to keep it off your body (these are optional) but It is a little more hassle than a normal bivi, as you still have to take a few minutes to erect it properly rather than just jump in and snooze. The standard Vaude Bivi is quite good too, it's half the price and there's plenty of room to have your pack inside with you, above your head, and that acts much the same as the poles in the bivi tent in keeping the material off your face.

ps. I really want one too...

gbjim03m

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2006
Nevada, for a while
Thanks everyone, i went out and got one today, (£96) put it up and its amazing just how is easy it is to set up and how light it is 980gms! Im actually in the navy but yes i did get the green one and going to try it in the lakes next week. hopefully it should serve me well in the field next time im at work( tri service unit). it saves carrying a bivvy bag and tarp with the pegs and tentpoles so saving me a lot of weight in the long run, and of course i wont be sleeping on wet ground. my kit is all in w/proof canoe bags so no prbs leaving it outside!

Will post a pic or too when i fugure how too!!!!!

Jim

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Thanks everyone, i went out and got one today, (£96) put it up and its amazing just how is easy it is to set up and how light it is 980gms! Im actually in the navy but yes i did get the green one and going to try it in the lakes next week. hopefully it should serve me well in the field next time im at work( tri service unit). it saves carrying a bivvy bag and tarp with the pegs and tentpoles so saving me a lot of weight in the long run, and of course i wont be sleeping on wet ground. my kit is all in w/proof canoe bags so no prbs leaving it outside!

Will post a pic or too when i fugure how too!!!!!

Jim

Sounds cool. To post a pic use imageshack.

1. Go here:

http://imageshack.us/

2. Press browse and find the picture on your PC.

3. Then press Host it.

4. Then wait until it uploads and then copy one of the links (use the bottom one).

5. Paste it into a post on the forum.

6. If you want you can make the picture appear in the forum by using these html tags either side of it :

U

unused[nl]

It looks practical, also against muscitos (spelling? :() But You lose a but of the outdoor waking up feeling I think.. it's more a really small tent..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE