Vaping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
There seems to be a lot of us smokers who are using the ecigs to get off the stinkies pretty succesfully :) Especially the die-hard (no pun intended) 20yr + folk who have found it the only way. I'm trying to get myself sorted for 5 day + durations in the woods/ at festies using a combination of ego vv batteries recharging with the recent Aldi battery pack offer and 18650s in a vamo.... so, what do you use? Are you thinking of making the break or done it, fallen off the wagon or succeeded to your complete amazement?!

Pardon me raving but from day 1 of not ingesting the smoke in favour of the vapour, its been a revelation of breathing, lung capacity, circulation, clean teeth and fingers, smelling nicer and being, apparently, MUCH nicer to kiss ;)

I'm particularly interested in any carrys you've made, used and loved in the woods and your set ups. I was making juices when I was down to zero nicotine (veg glycerine as I react to prop glycol, in common with many others) although I fell back on the stinkies and am back on medium while I get a grip again :) A lovely ex member and bush bro gave me a fair few flavourings which has been wonderful for experimenting on flavours and colourings.

Bang me up pics of your set ups and let me know if you're on UKVapers forum too :D I'm turbogirl on there too but not very active. I just stalk all the advice on building and mixology and the 'funnies' :D

Heres my latest, a vamo v5 mukey mod from fasttech in americy with a helios clone dual coil dripper (actually using a kangatech protank 2 from a mate on it atm as I've been subohming in this atty and the vamo won't power under 1.2ohm)....
10491145_10203239937533687_2159586593661345770_n.jpg

And my old favourite, a vv spinner clone with an igo l dual dripper... old reliable which is a shocker as the battery is off ebay ;)
10430899_10203226100027758_4586239742801458437_n.jpg

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Yes trying to give up, I do have an electronic fag (very good one) a "Vype", but it's just exchanging on nicotine source for another. I gave up for 48 hours and had to buy some to get rid of the horrendous headache.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I was pretty amazed first time round how easy it was to back the nicotine strength down to zero.... just vaped harder for a few days when I made the reduction and that was about it :) Hoping to make it stick this time round, its got to be better than having all the associated crud ingested. How long you been stopped, lovey? What strength are you on?? I found the high nicotine stuff- patches, gum, e juice or whatever replacement therapy.... always was too high and gave me headaches and nausea, even coming off rollies. I was never more than a 20-a-day fag ash lil though :)

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
I'm sorry folks i know you have all these gismos and gadgets but there is only one way to get off the fags I'm sorry for this COLD TURKEY

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
I've been using the Socialites vape for 5 weeks. Started with 1.6 mg and reduced to 0.8 within a few weeks. Then I gradually started diluting the 0.8 with Zero. I'm probably on about 0.1/0.2mg at the moment.

The plan is to top up the bottle with a little zero each day so I'll be nicotine free in a few days. I'm a serious nicotine addict so this slowly slowly method feels right for me. From there I'll start puffing less on the zero and gradually faze that out as well. At the moment I'm sucking on the thing like a condemned man so I want off the damn thing. I'm only getting a week tops from the atomisers and I'm fed up spending money on them.

I stopped once before for 5 months using patches but they made me ill so I decided to give the vape a try this time and I'm glad I did.

Interestingly Socialites claim their product is not a smoking cessation device. More interesting is the markings on the juice bottles. They display the skull and crossbones ''poison'' symbol and claim the juice is toxic if inhaled. No wonder people are creating a fuss about them.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I'm sorry folks i know you have all these gismos and gadgets but there is only one way to get off the fags I'm sorry for this COLD TURKEY

I agree somewhat. Psychologically you never where a non smoker and you will never be a non smoker you will just not be smoking currently. To say cold turkey means you will be abstaining, but you cannot abstain from the existence of smoking, ( you've heard the phrase nothing worse than a non smoker) it's no good trying to void yourself of the choice of smoking if you see what I mean. Also everytime you have a fag you get a quick fast stimulant into your system and your persona and psyche get used to being quick and fast, the psychological addiction. I found one way to quit the habbit is to smoke normally, and then not buy anymore (the smallest ammount avaliable) only when I am getting desperate, it seems to ween me off without any great dramatics and goals that are too high (cold turkey) or great shock of withdrawl psychological or physical. It also doesn't put in my mind the thought of me being an ex/non smoker. As for the gizmos, just one source for another, try a patch a piece of gum and a fag, a real good hit!

I still smoke but am still trying to quit, as I said the side effects are quite bad.

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
I think there's a way to stop smoking for everyone and you just need to find it, if you want to. Many years ago my Dad did a course of filters, taking more nicotine out each week until zero. That worked for him. I went cold turkey, except I waited until I knew I was ready. I found a mental trick useful, I thought "I'm a non smoker", not "I've given up smoking". Whatever works for you. I'm definitely a non smoker now, I haven't wanted one for 5 or 6 years, i cant remember when I gave up, the thought of smoking is not pleasant and I don't like walking into a cloud of other peoples smoke in the street, but again, everyone's different.

Last edited:

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I quit last year so i wouldnt be smoking around my baby girl.
It lasted 8half months on a Vamo V4 and found it really easy.

Until the car rebuild.......i got so stressed and then the Vamo started playing up, every time i sucked i got a mouthful of juice.
So went back to fags.
Been meaning to fix the vamo for months now but have not got round to it.

I must give it a go again.

Is there a vamo out there that charges from a battery pack.....not the little cheap carp but a decent one?

Im also on UKVapers as RE8ELD0G and also not very active.

Last edited:

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I really like the look of that Mukey mod.
Would stop it falling over every 2 secs when i type or bump my side.....

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
I've been using one since last October. Haven't touched Tobacco since I started, haven't thought about tobacco since I started. I can't imagine that I would ever want to smoke tobacco again.
It's some cheap old thing from the market, doesn't work very well. Costs me less than a quid a day.
Maybe one day I'll get a better one.
If they ever start taxing the juice, I'll stop using it. Maybe stick a bit of diesel in it instead............

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
I used to work with a guy who swapped ciggies for e-cigs, no intention of ever stopping. He claimed that studies showed that nicotine in itself was actually good for you, it's just tobacco that causes all the problems.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Its not that I can't do the cold turkey but I fall back off the wagon soooo quick when my nicotine monster starts tantruming! And the divorce would be more trauma than just getting a vape and being a little more pleasant to be around. I've a freind who uses them while she's caring for a lass with breathing difficulties, the smell on her nurse wouldn't be tolerable for her- she's a not-intending-to -stop too but its a great answer for her!

For those who are pi...errr fed up with changing or suffering a blocked atom-or-clearomiser, you thought about going for recoiling your own dripper atomisers? Works really well for me although it was a struggle getting my head around the ohms and safety. Its quite fun and fulfilling to build up those coils and ubercheap :) and when I have tanks, I keep vaping until I'm wandering round in a perpetual cloud, the drippers at least help me regulate a wee bit!

These are an answer for smoking. I liked the Alan Carr books and went a few months/ year and a bit off cold turkey off them but.... this is easier, the whole psychological addiction and nicotine addiction is addressed at the same time and its easier for some. Our local hospital is offering a stop smoking service where every visit, you get a £30 ecig wizard voucher for juices, brilliant :D

Diesel?!! I hope (or dread!) that being a flavour!! You'd never want to smoke again I'm sure!!

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
I love the smell of Diesel in the morning.
I could stick my own Bio diesel in it, or if things get bad, a bit of Methanol........

All joking aside, I love the kick of Nicotine, just don't like what the 'Bacco does.
So glad I'm off it, don't miss it at all.
Some people chew gum, some chew their nails, I'd still want to suck the Efag, nicotine or not.

Must look into rewinding the coils. The only ones I can get a regular supply of are pretty rubbish.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I've just spent the afternoon recoiling, trying different techniques and getting frustrated ;) I'm using cotton wool in dual coils and scaring myself with how hot my attys getting... it'd be a fabulous woodland hand warmer for the winter months ;)

The biggest grip is how bad my halfcentury eyes have become, trying to do weeny little wiring jobs! Tis shocking!

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I have to warn anyone interested in the vamos... I have fallen victim of the apparently regular problem of the positive pin coming loose in the head and whizzing up and down faster than a whores drawers. MOST annoying, it sends the regulators and readings crazy, with ohm measurements shooting up and down, 'check atomiser' and other random messages. Its fixable but.... who buys new to have problems like these? Going to bed disgusted and broke and infinately annoyed with myself for not thinking to google 'vamo problems', its a rare day my research lets me down but I've only my stupid tight-as-a-gnats-chuff self to blame!

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I don't smoke, never have but I'd just like to say that I'm all in favour of smokers vaping.
They get their nicotine hit in the pub and it doesn't make my clothes stink like a council house sofa.

Got a mate who's been vaping for maybe a couple of years now, he's stopped smoking though.

Can't stand people smoking in a room with me but I don't mind them vaping at all.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
I'm a hypnotherapist and would say that in my experience the psychological addiction is far more powerful than the physical one. I never use the words quit/quitting, giving up, packing it in etc when helping people. People at a subconscious level reject those terms - because we don't like to give up or quit on anything.

Its about becoming smoke free and breathing normally - amongst other things - including getting to the bottom of why the individual smokes and dealing with that issue - e.g. if its a coping strategy for dealing with stress. You weren't born a smoker.

Letting go of the smoking habit is really difficult and it takes a lot of strength. I certainly don't underestimate the difficulties that people experience but its my personal belief that e-cigs and vaping don't really help in the long term.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I found the MRI scanner pretty effective .

I'm hoping the placebo effect will kick in before that! The vaping really addresses the psycological dependance for us long term stinky users.you see the benefits outweigh the dependance and I find it easy - natural to reduce the nicotine level. Its so much nicer for the folk around us too, like you others say, so we feel better about ourselves and that really helps incentive as the self pride backs up the health benefits, sense of smell, lack of wheeze etc :) it's a useful prop for certain users. Better than other NRT for me by far!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE