US, UK, Dutch canteen sets compared?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
It was definately a Dutch cup and it fitted the USGI canteen perfectly - I wonder if over time there has been some change

Post WW2 Dutch kit was USGI in origin and was designed to match up

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I think they changed the mentality totally, whenever.
They suddenly tried to create the most comfortable personal military equipment in the world and I think they managed to achieve it.

SSGN_Doc

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2021
WA, USA
Now you've started me looking at the lip protector, I spent many years relying on a couple of strips of duct tape but they look the business!
Snow Peak Hotlips. They work nicely. Good thing is that they slip off easy to clean. Bad thing is they slip off and can get lost in a pack. I usually remove mine and toss it in the cup or the pouch I’m carrying the canteen and cup in.

Reactions: dean4442

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The Dutch have not always been so peaceful. They indeed decided to attack the Roman Empire!

They really came to Cologne and tried to convince the inhabitants to kick out the Romans and to return to be real Germans.

But the Ubier told them that this is impossible because there had been already a lot of mixed couples and families. But they would stop to support the Empire and support the Germanic idea.

Of course nothing happened. Cologne stood a central heated well fortified Roman town with public water supplies and everything else, what's good and civilised.

Thats obviously the reason, why the Dutch became so peaceful and decided to become independent.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
The Dutch have not always been so peaceful. They indeed decided to attack the Roman Empire!

They really came to Cologne and tried to convince the inhabitants to kick out the Romans and to return to be real Germans.

But the Ubier told them that this is impossible because there had been already a lot of mixed couples and families. But they would stop to support the Empire and support the Germanic idea.

Of course nothing happened. Cologne stood a central heated well fortified Roman town with public water supplies and everything else, what's good and civilised.

Thats obviously the reason, why the Dutch became so peaceful and decided to become independent.
Who didn't scrap with the Roman empire?

I take it your not Dutch but just want a verbal scap

The Dutch have lost more Wars than the English football team international games

Reactions: Erbswurst

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE