Urgent News If You Want A Ventile Smock!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Just had a phone call not more than ten minutes ago,my smock and trousers will be with me tomorow :headbang: Will try them out when shooting on Sunday :)

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
CLEM said:
Mind posting a pic of you modelling said garment :D so we can see how it looks in the bigger size's,do try not to sa-shay too much though matey :D
Will do mate - already christened it and took it lamping last night. I decided not to think too long about it and just get straight out and use it without trying to keep it all sparkly and clean. I made this mistake with a superb Barbour jacket that is just too posh to get dirty in the field and now sits in my wardrobe gathering dust having cost me 280 quid and 30 quid for a liner - me thinks it may have to go on ebay soon :(

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Silverback said:
Will do mate - already christened it and took it lamping last night. I decided not to think too long about it and just get straight out and use it without trying to keep it all sparkly and clean. I made this mistake with a superb Barbour jacket that is just too posh to get dirty in the field and now sits in my wardrobe gathering dust having cost me 280 quid and 30 quid for a liner - me thinks it may have to go on ebay soon :(
Mine arrived today,well impressed with my new purchase,will be used this Saturday and Sunday!

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
CLEM said:
Mine arrived today,well impressed with my new purchase,will be used this Saturday and Sunday!
Well I have to say I am very happy with my buy,perfect size and the trousers are really comfy too,I chose the Russian Special Forces design for my trousers,and on the smock I had the double hood retainer and double D ring in the left hand top pocket were the extras I chose.As I say very happy with my buy and they are perfect for my needs I think. :)

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I just bought another one :eek: My dad was eyeing mine up a little bit too much for my liking so I got him one as well - if only to keep mine safe! :D

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Silverback said:
I just bought another one :eek: My dad was eyeing mine up a little bit too much for my liking so I got him one as well - if only to keep mine safe! :D
Get yourself a pair of strides too matey,you'll not regret it I reckon! :)

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
CLEM said:
Get yourself a pair of strides too matey, you'll not regret it I reckon! :)
Would love to mate but 'over the phone' strides are too much of a risk for me - I can confidently say that I can go out in search of trousers and try on in excess of 30 pairs and still come home with nothing that fits :( I get em up to my thighs and that's where the problems start. If I go for a bigger waist to get the thigh width they flap around my middle like a pair of clown's trousers :D Any one know a bespoke surplus tailor? :lmao:

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Silverback said:
Would love to mate but 'over the phone' strides are too much of a risk for me - I can confidently say that I can go out in search of trousers and try on in excess of 30 pairs and still come home with nothing that fits :( I get em up to my thighs and that's where the problems start. If I go for a bigger waist to get the thigh width they flap around my middle like a pair of clown's trousers :D Any one know a bespoke surplus tailor? :lmao:
They will make them to fit mate,get on the blower to them,SASS are first rate and Ive found them to allways be ready and willing to go out of their way to please their customers! Well pleased with mine let me tell you! :)

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
CLEM said:
Mind posting a pic of you modelling said garment so we can see how it looks in the bigger size's,do try not to sa-shay too much though matey
As promised :)

VentileSmock.jpg

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Blinkin' Flip Silverback, i thought you said you look nothing like your Avatar!!! :eek:

If you said you were a shop lifter, i'd think you meant a branch of Woolies!

Seriously though, they are top smocks are'nt they!

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
:D I took that last night before I went shooting and apologies for the somewhat stern face - I was trying to look 'neutral' :D

And yes I cannot recommend these smocks highly enough, I am absolutely made up with mine and hope to take delivery of a second for my Dad in the near future :)

kato

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2006
NW England
I have just ordered one of these smocks with an extra zipped map pocket and cannot wait for it to arrive :red: I feel like a kid at christmas :red: .
My piggy bank is looking rather anorexic after this purchase but I'm sure he will get over it the poor little fella :D .
Nice one for the heads up Jed :You_Rock_ SASS should pay you some commission for the orders they have taken thanks to you :)

david1317 said:
i ordered one today after reading this thread hope its as good as you say the guy at sass was really helpful

Hi David
SASS are really helpful folk, and their products are incredibly well made,functional, and hard wearing, not only that they fit properly, I almost did'nt bother ordering but in all honesty, I'm chuffed to bits I did.
It's cracking kit made to measure and priced lower than alot of the stuff which is mass produced. How can that not be blooming marvelous? :D
Cheers Tim

P.S Silverback I'm pleased it wasn't me pointing that camera, if thats neutral......

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
This was too good an offer to pass on. I got mine a couple days ago. Really a superb coat and superb workmanship. Jedadiah, thanks a bunch for the heads up! :You_Rock_

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Thanks for the nod's guys, i'm thinking of contacting Paul at SASS to see if he will do these Ventile smocks all the time and maybe call it the 'Jedadiah Bushcraft Smock' ;) Then again, i think 'Silverback neutral bushcraft smock' might be a bit more 'pithy'! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE