Urban Bushcraft.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sorry to hear of youre loss If I can do anything just let me know.

Thanks Ran, but as sad as it is to actually say the words...I knew that it was inevitable...there was just no getting through to him...he set his own course and that's where it led.

However it did drag my thoughts back to the streets and the urban environment. There is an in depth thread I did on it on that other forum...where you tend to hunt.

Well...that's a little complicated. I own my land, it has been in my family for years. We live outside of the city itself and we actively guard against this sort of thing in our little hollow between the ridges along with life long friends. My wife is in the university here and has two years to go for her masters, and my oldest has two years of highschool to go before university (only nine years difference in age between them). So it's a bad time to move. also there would be all of the legal hassel of selling. Honestly, even with what is going on here it is mild compared to a lot of cities this size, and lately the police have been doing a great job of pushing the gangs out of the parks here. One of the great things about being a tourist town is the citizens benefit from the extra security set up to keep all the tourists safe. The last three weekends there have been police officers practically camped out in the usual haunts of the gangs and there has been no signs of the gangs except back in the bad parts of town where they live.

I know I have touched on this thought before but I just wanted to go a little more in depth with it.For the city apartment dwellers that have no outbuildings and keep no saws, hatchets, machetes, or axes around there are some other improvisational options available that will work in a pinch. If you are like me, and you like to cook odds are that you already have some useful tools sitting right there on your kitchen counter top.

Here are the ones I found particularly useful.
Cutlery.jpg

It only takes a little thinking outside the box to see that in a T.S.H.T.F. situation where you had to leave the comfort of your apartment and hit the woods or desert scrub for an extended period of time…perhaps even permanently… needing to survive off what you find… that they could be of help there to.
IMG_2993.jpg

Even everyday kitchen knives are still just knives made for cutting. A carving knife can be used as a defensive weapon as well as to clear trails if needs be.
IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

A good bread knife can even make a decent improvised saw for some materials, and is good for notching others.
Breadknife-1.jpg

BreadKnife.jpg

A good fruit and veggie knife can also be used to bore holes in some materials
IMG_2989.jpg

A good strong paring or utility knife can be used in firecraft making shavings
Paringknife.jpg

and a stout cleaver can be used to chop and split wood with if needs be.
Cleaver-1.jpg

Cleaver-2.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE