Unsuccessful search for lightweight simple high leather boots, close to trail shoes flexibility

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Namar

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2016
Europe
Thanks, didn't know about this brand, rather city oriented and pricey but they do look interesting, I will keep an eye on it, I have seen some interesting "like new" secondhand opportunities.

Dingo greens

Apr 17, 2020
Germaica
Thanks, didn't know about this brand, rather city oriented and pricey but they do look interesting, I will keep an eye on it, I have seen some interesting "like new" secondhand opportunities.

Yes they are a bit pricey, but they are not designed for the ctity only. Gregor Sieböck walked 15000 Kilometers with Waldviertler boots through the whole world.
They needed a New sole ca every 3000 kilometers but the leather hold up the three years of his Tour and some time longer.
So high quality walking boots.

smogz

Mar 3, 2013
Sweden
They are hand made welted shoes with replaceable soles. For this type of shoes/boots, not pricey at all. Rather cheap to be honest. I'm going to buy a pair next time I'm buying shoes.

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Reactions: Dingo greens

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I don't know if anyone has said the Redback Bobcat Boots, but they are amazing. Light boot with soft leather, very very comfortable and flexible sole.

I used to walk around 70km a week, every week, in my former job. My feet always hurt at the end of the week (or most days) until I found these boots, plus your feet can breathe and do not get that hot.

I don't wear anything else shoe wise, and after 5 years of daily use (12 hours wear every day) , for gardening, work, office wear, going out to town with friends, everything really, and they look almost like new.

I honestly cannot believe how good they are, I used to wear through a pair of boots every 6 months, with the same use before... These easily have another 5 years left in them.

Cannot recommend enough....a must try.

smogz

Mar 3, 2013
Sweden
If the Lundhags aren't as heavy as stated on their website I'll clearly have a close look at that option, especially as I saw some second hand opportunities which would make them much more affordable.

Brasher boots look just like regular hiking boots to me, but thanks for suggesting.

Didn't know about the meindl pionneer, they do look almost exactly like what I'm searching for (except the heels, but I'll probably have to make some compromise anyway) and they are apparently rather lightweight too.
I'll try to find more about them, could be an interesting option as well

Thanks everyone for your answers !
There is a small manufacturer in Sweden called Jörnkängan. They are actually more of a myth, but I thick it is possible to buy them. Better quality and lighter than Lundhags, Made in Sweden. But of course, even more expensive.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
I must say the redbacks have been a complete surprise. Going by how light weight they are and the first outing where they required no breaking in to mention, I wasn’t expecting them to last long at all. That was 6 years ago and they are still going strong today where they are used for everything from riding/repairing motorbike, work (gardening) to walking the dogs. Must have put hundreds of miles through them. I bought a second pair but don’t think I’ll be needing them anytime soon.

Namar

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2016
Europe
Thanks for the Infos Dingo greens, that sounds interesting indeed and it really matches what i’d be looking for. For something hand-stiched in europe that can be repaired it’s not so expensive, and it’s good to know that it’ll survive real outdoor use too.
It’s still expensive for my wallet at the moment but i’ll keep my eyes on this brand for sure, and maybe will find a good secondhand deal. Thank you for suggesting this.

The Jörnkängan boots seems nice, but considering the price, they'll remain a myth, at least for me.

As for the bobcat boots, they may be good but i need a higher shaft, and i definitively need laces if i don’t want to walk on my socks after one step in the first wet area.

Reactions: Dingo greens

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I must say the redbacks have been a complete surprise. Going by how light weight they are and the first outing where they required no breaking in to mention, I wasn’t expecting them to last long at all. That was 6 years ago and they are still going strong today where they are used for everything from riding/repairing motorbike, work (gardening) to walking the dogs. Must have put hundreds of miles through them. I bought a second pair but don’t think I’ll be needing them anytime soon.
Agreed so comfortable and just last, the black are good for office wear (that's what I wear anyway)

I have just worked out roughly how far I have walked in my brown redback boots, at my last job....I walked about 10,000km a year, never worked it out before, So give or take a few 1000km, I have walked over 30,000km in these boots.

Quite shocked at the distance, I could account for, and pleased that I found these boots. For the record, I used to do surveys and catchment walk overs for possible pollution incidents.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Spandit, in the second message i meant "non treaded", or "smooth", obviously.
Flat soles ( in the meaning "leveled") logically have better grip than shoes with heels due to the bigger contact surface (consideration made appart from the material or thread pattern).

For the moment the quest is over for me.
I luckily stumbled upon someone who was selling his brand new byteks cobra boots.
Quality leather and construction, grippy and flexible, waterproof in the streams for now, even without wax, and lightweight at a bit less than 600gr per shoe, i’m happy with them.
And finally I'll have some time to make my own moccassins to which I'll add treaded soles, which should be nice too.

Thanks everyone for your proposals

Edit : spelling
Where did u get the Byteks from? I've been doining a bit of googling and can't find anywhere in the UK. Amazon won't ship to the UK either....

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

smogz

Mar 3, 2013
Sweden
Thanks for the Infos Dingo greens, that sounds interesting indeed and it really matches what i’d be looking for. For something hand-stiched in europe that can be repaired it’s not so expensive, and it’s good to know that it’ll survive real outdoor use too.
It’s still expensive for my wallet at the moment but i’ll keep my eyes on this brand for sure, and maybe will find a good secondhand deal. Thank you for suggesting this.

The Jörnkängan boots seems nice, but considering the price, they'll remain a myth, at least for me.

As for the bobcat boots, they may be good but i need a higher shaft, and i definitively need laces if i don’t want to walk on my socks after one step in the first wet area.
Yes, well **** me. They will remain a myth for mee too.

Namar

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2016
Europe
Van Wild : I got them from someone who was selling his own as they were too large for him.
But i know that if you want some stuff from russia you can trust profarmy.ru
They have real russian prices (and not high margin for airsoft russian soldiers wannabe), and shipping costs are reasonable.
A few friends ordered some outdoor gear from there and were really happy of the service.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.

My work boots are a single skin leather with a sturdy toe. The thing is they are hellish heavy with a triple leather sole.

However, they have different leathers and make to order. Libs is of the same family that set the company up an when they open will be more than happy to have a chat to sort you out. I was so thrilled by mine I felt compelled to send them biscuits!

Next year I will be having a new pair from them, this year I need new walking boots.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I have some of these and love them. Single leather skin and soft soles. Very very comfy.

Mine are four or five and are about to go off to be re solved.

Attachments

• 20200515_181948.jpg
    20200515_181948.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 16

DanB3000

Jan 16, 2021
UK
What about Waldviertler boots?
I have the jaga flex ankle boots, I think they could be all what you want.
Flat sole, soft leather, mimics walking bare foot.
They are 197 Euro with shipping. Don't know if they meet your budget, but I am very happy to walk in my jaga.
Address is:
gea-waldviertler.at
I'm hoping to order those soon once they have my size. Don't understand why simple leather boots so hard to find. Some local manufacturers in Devon (e.g. https://www.greenshoes.co.uk) but £300 for a pair is too much.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I have some of these and love them. Single leather skin and soft soles. Very very comfy.

Mine are four or five and are about to go off to be re solved.
Ooooo I like those.

smogz

Mar 3, 2013
Sweden
What about Waldviertler boots?
I have the jaga flex ankle boots, I think they could be all what you want.
Flat sole, soft leather, mimics walking bare foot.
They are 197 Euro with shipping. Don't know if they meet your budget, but I am very happy to walk in my jaga.
Address is:
gea-waldviertler.at
Received my pair of Waldviertler Jaga Flex boots today. It's minus 15 degrees Celsius outside so I have not tried outside. Just been walking around with them indoors. Must say they feel great. Wide enough to fit my wide duck-feet without pressing my toes together at all. No heel so I can walk naturally (little bit of a barefoot nerd). And seems very vell built with a sturdy outsole. Feels right now like I made the right choice. Thanks for the tips.
be7a2a770066eda41e5af03c861b6392.jpg
6ceab1c96faea2f7b7650f5c099bcabe.jpg

Reactions: DanB3000

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Hello there. I have purchased a few pairs of boots this winter trying to find a good pair. I have the M77 Norweigen Army Boot made in Estonia. It is lightweight single leather shell boot. Moulded PU sole and it is comfortable with a good set of insoles. It took a few days of wearing and walking to break in the Leather and form to my foot but now I wear these daily and they are nice boots. I grease them and also treat the seams with a mix of boot grease and natural tar.

I took a chance and ordered a pair of surplus unused Swedish M90 boots. After a short walk and a little hike up a paved road one of the heels ruptured as the Long term storage had destroyed the Polyurethane cushioning of the midsole. This is an issue with many styles of boots and shoes/runners. The fellow I bought the boots from has offered to replace them albeit I fear the fate will possibly be the same. I like the leather and have consulted a Cobbler to discuss options of rebuilding the boots.

I have also looked into the Lundhag Park shell boot as well and also researched into the Jorn Boot. I have admired the design and the aspect of good quality and the idea that products can be made to last and be rebuilt or repaired.

I also bought a ICWB intermediate cold weather Bellevue I believe US army boot with Goretex membrane and also goretex booty. It was onsale for $60 CAD it seems comfortable and good quality.
If anyone has experience with the Swedish M90 boots and repairs or resoling options please let me know? Thank you.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Have been really enjoying the M77 Norwegian boots. Sizing is a little big for room for extra insole and socks for Winter uses. $180 from Varusteleka.com. There are other models available from Manufacturer Protex. Had a sale for the Helicopter pilot model that has a rubber coated toe cap for abrasion resistance. Minor differences with regards to speedlacings and hooks on the top few eyelets.https://www.protexshop.no/en/products/m77-helicopter
On sale right now about 763 Norwegian Kroner or about $112.CAD. Getting tempted to try another pair as the M77 boot I have now is great and for heavy 35% discount sale price. Hard to pass up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE