Ultra Light Tarp line?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
hey guys, dont know if you prefer your dynema to be white or not but reading this post made me remember about some flying lines I have, are you aware you could get green flying lines, not sure what prices you normally pay for your dynema compared to this kinda stuff. (the white ends shown are just a sheath covering the ends used to larks head over the bridle knots to attach to the kite). http://www.powerkiteshop.com/accessories/peterlynncyclonedyneemadual.htm
(remember its duo, 2 lengths of stated distance per plastic holder)

Last edited:

Pierr

Forager
Sep 15, 2008
France
I use dyneema 1.5 and 2 mm in bright colors (http://www.extremtextil.de/catalog/Braids/Cords/Dyneema-Polyester-cord-2mm-three-coloured::515.html).

I used 1mm plain white dyneema (from kite shop) before and it held perfectly fine but it did not have a cover/sheat and was a bit difficult to handle with cold fingers and was wearing down fast. The dyneema linked above has a polyester cover and that makes it much easier to handle and more durable (and more colored).

Paracord is overkill for tarp ridging.

Also I don't use a ridgeline but attach and tension the tarp from both ends.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I use Kelty Triptease lightline. Not only is it light and strong, but you can find your tent or tarp easily in the dark because of the reflective yarn in the cordage.

triptease1b.jpg

tetra_neon

Forager
Oct 1, 2005
E Mids
I've been trying to find that stuff in the UK for ages! I can't believe the shops here are uninterested in stocking such a big name brand.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've been trying to find that stuff in the UK for ages! I can't believe the shops here are uninterested in stocking such a big name brand.

Yeah does your head in doesn't it, by the time we've paid crazy shipping and then import taxes and PO handling fees then it's just not worth it.

I managed to grab a load of the Exped stuff off a UK seller on ebay but can't find it anywhere over here now. I wonder if Bob at BPL would get a load in, I'm sure it would sell for him.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE