Ultimate piece of gear - possible Lockheed Blackbird sighting or help me ID it!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Peanut

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2011
Essex
The x-35 would possibly explain the slow speed - it's a vertical/short take-off and landing style, like the harrier, so they may have been practicing low speed manoeuvres. I'm not sure if it has the outlets in the wings for manoeuvring like the harrier, but that might also explain the trails.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Are there any X-35s in the UK right now? I honestly didn't think so.

Could perhaps have been a UAV? We as a nation have a lot invested in UAV technology right now, so possible it was a sighting of one I would think.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
They do have to go up and come back down though!

Just thought maybe it was transitioning through below the level. Agreed though, you are NOT going to come up against one in the TMA. Or I really hope I never do.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Haha I am certain it isn't the xb79 as the only one in existence is squeezed in here,

rdgallery.jpg

Here

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Have you considered conactin the civil aircraft authority or whoever it is controls the air in your area.

Never forgets the cold dreich day, mr apache drops his shooting iron instead of plinking targets at ottarburn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE