UCO mini-lantern

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
That's a cracking idea Tengu thanks! It had never occurred to me to replace the wick, although at the end of the day; most tealights are just discs of wax with a poor quality wick poked through a drilled hole!
Nice one!:cool:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Anything that messes up the kitchen is a good thing.

Your right, thats the difference between a cheap tealight and a fancy one; the wick.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Dave53;

The name of the oil lamp is: Ultra Light. The address is given as 6089 Far Hills Avenue, Dayton, Ohio 45459

I tried to Google the name of the company and did not get any returns. I Googled the address and did a "street view" but came up empty handed again. Possibly they have had a name change, or been bought out by someone else. Or worse, went bankrupt. You could always try ebay, or perhaps you might be able to do a better search than me. Regardless, good luck with it. I hate to think that I might not be able to get an extra chimnney. or any other parts i might need.

Chinkapin

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
i have one of these and the candle bit is good, but the oil bit is absolute carp. really carp.

the candle is good and gives out a decent amount of light

Can you use tea lights in the ebay one? Do you just remove the entire internal candle holder bit and stack tea lights inside it or could you use it with the internal holder and a tea light?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE