Two Aussie scandi nut's do a littel bit of workshop time..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Me a Corin hooked up last Sunday to spend a bit guy's doing stuff in the shed together time.We live about one hours drive from each other here in Australia...So we decided to do a bit of "trading of skills"..... Corin has a lot knowledge with working with metal...as it is part of day job and is no mean bladesmith to!!!But he feels he as to work on his sheaths and leather work as it is leting him down a wee bit.. As were I have a low skill at metal working but a very keen Leathercrafter.We both share a love of scandi knives!!

So after a wee bit swaping some of our war story's and a few cups of tea we set to work,here is a few photo's of the day's work.......

Knife102.jpg

Knife101.jpg

Knife103.jpg

Knife104.jpg

Wish I would have taken a few more photos!!! But as anyone here knows we where having too much fun to think about taking too many photos.I did most of the blade....Except the final bevel which was a bit to tricky
for my to two left hands.So corin took over for the last few stages..I felt like a bit like a big kid at school looking the teachers at work!!!!But I learned more in one afternoon with corin than I would of in 6 months by myself trying this stuff out by my own:surrender: ...

So here is a few more photo's I took when I got home...
Knife113.jpg

Thinking about this bit of mallee as the handle????

Knife111.jpg

I use this helle blade as a bit of a template.:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE