Twinings Heads up.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sorry Mesquite, for me this stuff tastes like warm water with a good splash of Blue Stratos aftershave thrown in. :(

:lmao::lmao: That's a new description I've not heard. Most folks at work call it my barbecue tea.

As for not liking it... that's fine, as they say each to their own but I think it's still the best tea going :pokenest::D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I love many types of tea, from Fortnum & Mason Darjeeling to bog standard Tetley but I'll come clean about my camping tea. Read this with an open mind and don't hurl rocks at me but my absolute favourite brew at camp is :

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Sometimes I also take sweetened condensed milk as that is fantastic in fresh coffee :)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
As I recall, I think I have only been lost for words twice in my whole life.
Just twice.

But now it's three times.

Tea granules?
Granules?

What the..?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
As I recall, I think I have only been lost for words twice in my whole life.
Just twice.

But now it's three times.

Tea granules?
Granules?

What the..?

Calm down mate, it tastes really good; look on it as a hot energy packed drink with a nice flavour and you'd love it.

I'd not drink it at home but for some strange reason its just 'right' when I'm under canvas (or nylon); I do make fresh coffee when camping and I don't murder it by making it cowboy style;)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Calm down mate, it tastes really good;

Pot noodles are only nice on the side of a hill, rat pack boil in the bag at the ame time.

Tea granules are never, ever ever nice mate. You'll be saved from making me a brew one day.

Filtered coffee, early grey, hot chocolate or something with alcohol from near the Spey. That or water.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I speak with a lot of Americans through my stove hobby and these guys are scattered throughout North America; one thing they all have in common is a love of Lapsang Souchong:confused:

I can see this working for backwoods types. Lapsang is kind of leaf littery.

otherwise HOORAY for tea. I'm goint to Lidl for my Twinings. :D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Pot noodles are only nice on the side of a hill, rat pack boil in the bag at the ame time.

Tea granules are never, ever ever nice mate. You'll be saved from making me a brew one day.

Filtered coffee, early grey, hot chocolate or something with alcohol from near the Spey. That or water.

In your opinion young man;) Its just a drink, nout to get worked up about. I've got Espresso pots, Peculators, Stainless steel French press (someone bought one of those from me :) ) and they all work, granules can be nice and are nice, just (as I said) look upon them as a hot drink. I'll make you a brew with pleasure and if you don't like it I'll get you some of that 'real ale' stuff you drink.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
In your opinion young man;) Its just a drink, nout to get worked up about. I've got Espresso pots, Peculators, Stainless steel French press (someone bought one of those from me :) ) and they all work, granules can be nice and are nice, just (as I said) look upon them as a hot drink. I'll make you a brew with pleasure and if you don't like it I'll get you some of that 'real ale' stuff you drink.

Rik..... how can you sit there and condemn my Lapsang Souchong then offer up Tea Granules :eek: as a suitable alternative for a camp tea?

That's just not on mate :pokenest::lmao::lmao:

mochasidamo

Mar 8, 2010
Montgomery, Wales
Thanks lads for making me laugh on a Sunday morning after being buffeted mercilessly at a Stranglers concert (second row centre and lived :S). Such nice people in the woods by comparison :).

Tea? Green or black'n'green Sainsbuggers black. Proper hot choc (co-ops posh is good) with a slug of something. Or filter coffee.

Trisha

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My mom (bless her, now gone) used to send me Hai Karate on my birthday and Blue Stratos for xmas, bloody awful stuff; I think she must have bought a job lot back in the 70's.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE