twig fire & teapot setup... my way!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
sometimes all you need is a small twig fire, just enough to boil a cup of water and heat up your cold fingers; it sure was enough for me today.

i just wanted a quick, hot cup of chocolate; i had my esbit stove with me (i almost allways do), but i choosed not to use it. i lit a small fire and used a very simple support for my teapot - i never saw anybody else to do it, so i think it might be of interest... here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs_M4aEE4KE . enjoy! :D

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Great idea mate! Never used that one!!.. Defiantly gonna give it a try next time in up the woods! Thanks for sharing mate :)

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I'm a big fan of small fires. A small fire warms you, cooks for you and doesn't need as much tending and if stacked right at night can easily be re-kindled in the morning.

A large fire is great for a group as long as the group gathers the fuel!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nice one, good idea. :)

I've used 3 large nails before with hexi blocks underneath rather than wood. It works well enough. :)

@udamiano, nomad, hillbill: apparently i discovered the warm water... :thinkerg:
@mesquite, dreadhead, cowboy: thank you, i'm glad that you like the vid!
@husky: :lmao:
@widu13: right on, my friend! small fire = less fuel = less effort = happy camper :D
@chiseller: youtube is mean! :cussing:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE