Stove Obsession

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Pop can stoves...oh no I have 3 I've made for fun, never used them tho.
I actualy gave away a suitcase stove to an oap friend who didn't have any alternative cooking facilities last winter, and a kelly kettle to my new neighbours a few weeks ago who also has no alternatives, (but I have replaced them with new.. Good excuse!)
This thread makes me feel good, I'm not alone. There are others like me out there. I'm feeling a sudden rush of love and gratitude to you all for being as strange as me.xxxxxxx :)

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I think we have a "winner". That is not a very common collectible hobby.

What are the rare an strange ones?

• Haha
Reactions: Big Si

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
These are the ones I have now
Sat SS kit
Sat alu kit
Trangia 27 duossal
Trangia 27 non stick with gas burner
Trangia triangle
Primus Omni
Msr original pocket rocket
Double gas burner with grill
Double Colman petrol stove
Plus I just got one of them Flexi stoves not recommended.

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
These are my no gas burners. I forgot the honey/hive but that lives in a hydration slot as a back to a gas stove.

Back left to right:

Ti pot containing ti mug and ti vargo(?) meths/esbit burner plus wind shield, pot cosy, fuel block and drink mix. Very light pocket kit, beach and travel.

TBS Stand with Tomoso (?) steel pot and bottle. The pot is the same as the TI one above but has a bail to hang up. Interchangeable bits with above.

USGI issue, foil lid.

USGI copy with solid lid.

Thethree are what I usually use when deliberately camping out

Front left to right:

Miltec Swedish mess kit copy, my preference for a bigger cook or two people.

BCB little fire dragon stove, Trangia Gel burner & Greenman meths burner. These will all fit in the above stove stands.

Mini Trangia mess tin with fire dragon folding stove and fire kit inside. EDC in the work bag.

Laken mess tin ditto above. Mainly used for eggs along side baked potatoes on an open fire though.A2030124-7E85-49AE-BD6B-6035FADE5B9C.jpeg

Reactions: billycoen

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Ok i wonder if stove addiction is such a thing lol , the wife told me no more until i have refurbished all the ones i have in the garage lol but i have some beuts but i do not know how to get the photos on here , i love the old chalwyn paraffin stoves having a few single burner and now a double burner but i also have a lovely rippingille oven/stove that would have been used on the old canal boats back in the day , it took alot of hard work cleaning it up to a standard that was fit to be painted i used the highest quality heat proof paint on it well on all the stoves .
I am still hunting stoves yup never have enough lol

Reactions: Ozmundo

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Just some images and options for using spirit and gel burners in some canteen stove stands.

F9DCE777-D764-496F-9F58-A7B036889FA2.jpeg

Back L to R:

USGI issue; Miltec usgi cup on clone steel stand; Lixado 500ml pot and TBS stand.

Front L to R:

Tatonka simmer ring; SVEA issue burner; BPL titanium trivit; BCB small gel stove and heavy foil used as gel block holder.

DFDB90DB-27D6-465D-835D-54DE126B404C.jpeg652135D7-061B-4558-BEBA-88A6A98174C0.jpeg

The SVEA burner is too wide for USGI style canteen stove stands. I don’t have a Trangia to check but they likely do.

91951423-315B-4B77-8960-0584F551EFE8.jpeg

BCB and foil gel burner easily fit inside a USGI type stand. The Trangia gel burner (not shown) also squeezes in.

5A97751A-08EE-411E-B142-2F4B4CB9FC45.jpeg

SVEA burner in TBS stand

EA73F854-305E-4BCC-B36E-6ED81905BA23.jpeg

SVEA plus Tatonka simmer ring open as far as it will go.

267B9876-3710-4C46-ADBE-11D1A93EF49B.jpeg

SVEA burner plus BPL trivet with stand as a partial wind shield. The trivet is very snug against the sides of the stand, I might take a mm off the ends.
CC548827-A70F-43B3-8281-60D8814F8228.jpeg

BCB & Trangia Gel burners also fit easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: gg012 and billycoen

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Have you got the membership subscription? That allows you to post images.
Hi thank you for letting me know , i do not have full membership i guess i have ot pay for that i did take out a 2 yr membership with the bushcraft mag and well what a nightmare that is and still is , it is ecxcuses after excuse they could not get the ink was the last one but this months or last months mag never arrived so will have ot chase again ,
How much is hte membership package here do you know thank you
Sorry i looked it upi and it just says custom amount but that could mean £1 a year or £1000 a year if i do not know the cost thanks sorry but again i would like a price idea

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
It’s a £15 payment once a year. I’ve only just done this myself. Seemed fair to help keep a good source of knowledge going!

There are other upgrades and a life time option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Disabled Preppers

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Thank you for that i will now go and pay . like you say these type of sites are few and far between so the good ones need support , some are run by hmmm well less well intentioned people .

Cheers and thank you
Thanks again all paid , i love the site and the knowledge and well when i saw the stoves thread yup my eyes lite up , a bit like a oil lamp being converted to led daylight bulb BING
Woo hoo just a couple of my ladies that i refurbished

Attachments

• DSCF2256.JPG
    DSCF2256.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF2283.JPG
    DSCF2283.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Disabled Preppers

Apr 3, 2023
west midlands
Thank you i am the same with my gun collection i buy in what most call throw away i strip refurbish all that i can sometimes i have ot send parts for blueing work but the stoves well it keeps me busy well the hands and also saves stuff from the junk , i have a rippingilles oven that i believe to be may be 100 years old the gent had just put it in the garage back in the 60's after the family grew up and it had stayed there ever since he only found it as he was rebuilding his model railway engine one of the big ride on ones and foudn the stove under a sheet , i got her as a much unloved it took hard work stripping polishing and de-rusting her as much as i dare then a paint job and well now has pride of place in the kitchen , it has a oven and 2 burners on top we used her once but i want something that if we are on the move i can throw in and know will burn a few fuel types at a push and you can make more than just a boil in the bag or a pan of soup the oven we have not tried baking in yet but it is a must but i wanted ot fit a temp gauge to it but worry it will spoil her original look , i will try and get a photo on here of her .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE