Stove Obsession

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

StevieE

Forager
Jul 15, 2021
Bridgend, South Wales
I took last nights decent evening to go through some of my stoves and was astounded by the number of stove things I had. In relative order of size, I've got a BCB Fire Dragon Burner, MSR2 Pocket Rocket, Trangia burner in an Esbit Triangle, Lixada small Twig/Wood Stove, Lixada gasification stove (and this doesnt include the Campingaz double burner and stove we normally take for family camping). Anybody else have the same obsession with stoves?

wookii

Jul 12, 2021
Surrey, UK
Yes! If only I had the funds to match....

Winnerwell Pizza oven, UCO Grilliput foldable grill, Unbranded folding grill, Jetboil minimo, Primus no.5, Optimus 8R, Honey/Hive stove, Various homemade penny stoves and 5 bbqs....

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
Yes! If only I had the funds to match....

Winnerwell Pizza oven, UCO Grilliput foldable grill, Unbranded folding grill, Jetboil minimo, Primus no.5, Optimus 8R, Honey/Hive stove, Various homemade penny stoves and 5 bbqs....
well over twelve [12]

who can beat this record thus far...??

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've counted 14, if you count my two tent heating stoves, and I'm collecting stuff to build a minni beer keg stove.
I also have a so far un made project to build a gas bottle stove, but I don't have the necessary equipment or skills, so I'm waiting on finding someone to build it for me!
Just got a trangia and pan supports for my bimble brews a few months ago, as the beloved pocket rocket is so noisy and I want to appreciate the silence of the wild without carting a full trangia set about.
Oh, I forgot my kelly kettle!
That's 15.........
I'm not obsessed, I'm not obsessed, I'm not obsessed.............

Does a bbq count? If so, I have one of those too, and I'm considering a garden fire pit.............I think I need help!

Reactions: TLM and wookii

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
We are all nuts aren't we.

Yes.....and no. We moved house at the start of the year and brought along our less than a year old gas cooker. It's only when we moved in we realised they had been using a standalone electric gas/hob and had taken that with them. As they were using electric there was no gas piped to the place they had their cooker. Fortunately I had various camping gas stove and we relied on them for 5 months our cooking needs.

Our less camp oriented partners may like to scoff at our gear and say we are wasting money buying all this stuff but it does give us backups when the usual utilities are unavailable for any reason. This is also why the 1st thing I did after moving in was get a wood stove installed for heating, with the current energy prices I am extremely glad I did and we will no doubt be relying on it during the winter months. I feel sorry for those without one the way the gas prices are going.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I just have the minimum needed, a Trangia with spirit burner and KAP petrol burner, MSR gas burner, BW Esbit holder. And a double gas burner and an old petrol stove and where is my ... :eek:

Reactions: wookii

StevieE

Forager
Jul 15, 2021
Bridgend, South Wales
Yes.....and no. We moved house at the start of the year and brought along our less than a year old gas cooker. It's only when we moved in we realised they had been using a standalone electric gas/hob and had taken that with them. As they were using electric there was no gas piped to the place they had their cooker. Fortunately I had various camping gas stove and we relied on them for 5 months our cooking needs.

Our less camp oriented partners may like to scoff at our gear and say we are wasting money buying all this stuff but it does give us backups when the usual utilities are unavailable for any reason. This is also why the 1st thing I did after moving in was get a wood stove installed for heating, with the current energy prices I am extremely glad I did and we will no doubt be relying on it during the winter months. I feel sorry for those without one the way the gas prices are going.
We also moved house about 6 months ago and I miss my log burner. No chance of putting one into the new house because the chimney breast has been blocked up. But yes. When our old house was being done up we used to BBQ outside in October. Does a Cyprus Souvla BBQ count as well if we're talking outdoor BBQs? Not exactly buschcraft equipment though ....

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Off the top of my head I've got the following stoves. There's probably a few others tucked away in storage that I've forgotten about

2 x trangia stoves
1 x french folding meths pocket stove
1 x 1930's meths picnic stove
2 or 3 x penny stoves
2 x Optimus 00 stoves
1 x Optimus No 5 stove
1 x Optimus 111 stove
1 x Monitor stove
1 x No 12 British army stove
1 x Svea 123R
2 x generic gas stoves
1 x 2 burner Campingaz stove
1 x 3 burner Campingaz stove
2 x briefcase gas stoves
1 or 2 x hex stoves
1 x Honey stove
1 x Hobo stove

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
I collect and restore vintage stoves and lanterns, so probably 300 stoves and about 50 odd lanterns, I've been collecting since the 70's so I have many varied and different types. I also collect knives and guns the least said about that the better. I do occasionally display them but it's been a few years now.....
Si

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I am certainly another stove accumulator, several iterations of the trangia, hexy burners gas stoves, gel stoves (swiss notkocher anyone) etc.... and of course the ubiquitous Kelly kettle.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I can't compare to some of you (especially Steve who should be on medication :)) - but on reflection, ignoring the installed wood burners and main kitchen cooking appliances, I have:

2 paraffin stoves (one’s an Optimus, I forget the other one - not seen it for a while)
An old clip-on Bluet (can you still get those gas cannisters?)
An MSR pocket rocket
An MSR multifuel
2 x hexamine burners
A home-made mini wood stove
A wood gasifier
Son of Hibachi folding BBQ
Portable fire pit
2 x fixed/heavy firepits
2 double burner gas stoves, one’s a Tilley with grill
Calor single burner – screw on
Jetboil
Kelly Kettle
3 x briefcase stoves
Meths burner and stand (no idea what make)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE