Tweed & Leather Camera case

Eagleman

Apr 5, 2011
Aberdeenshire
Spent tonight making this tweed and leather case for my camera. I bought a new tough camera so wanted a non-padded case that clips onto my belt, bag or climbing harness. The tweed is from some really small offcuts that my other half got from the Harris Tweed shop and is glued with contact adhesive to the leather (smooth side inwards). Sides are just tweed and the whole lot is saddle stitched together. Tender fingers but feeling pretty chuffed with myself.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Thon's richt braw Eagleman. Like that a lot, kind've plays on some highland cyber-punk themes in my head at the moment. Hope you enjoy using it too.

Eagleman

Apr 5, 2011
Aberdeenshire
Thanks for the nice comments. You can often get tartan free at kilt makers, so that is another possibility.

I just used contact adhesive and put just enough on the fabric so that it didn't soak through.

Eagleman

Apr 5, 2011
Aberdeenshire
With a different glue you could just put a light layer on the leather and lay the fabric on top. The only semi-flexible glue I had that I thought would work was contact adhesive so that was what I ended up using. As it is stitched too, the glue doesn't really have any structural component, so probably doesn't matter too much what glue you use. The stitching kept the edge of the fabric from fraying, which was a happy accident.

Many thanks. That was my fear so i'll have to be light handed with the evostick.

Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE