Luckylee camera case

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I've now had my Luckylee camera case for about a month and so am now in a reasonable position to give a report.

For pictures see:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104834

People won't be surprised to hear that the build (and it is 'built' not 'made') quality is excellent and that I am pleased with it.

One key thing for me was ....... Lee has a fantastic knowledge of the options available and was able to suggest various alternatives for me to choose from - I recommend that you listen to what he has to say before deciding what you want.

My spec, which I discussed at length with Lee included:

• be suitable for a compact camera to fit on a belt and have option to carry over shoulder

be as rain proof as possible (I've already had one camera totally ruined when it was in a pocket whilst in torrential rain)

generally protect the camera

include space for a spare battery and memory card

be unobtrusive

Originally I had wanted a wet moulded case as I like the look but Lee suggested the option of box stitching and I am glad he did as it gives a strong construction with more useful space inside (I think). I went for black leather with black stitching.

The camera - a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30 - slides in and out easily, and I carry it with me all the time.

The high sides were the best option we could come up with to give good protection against most rain and dust. I have a ziplock bag that also fits in the bottom of the case for when it gets really heavy rain or clouds of dust.

I think the design would also be suitable for a 'possibles pouch' and if so then some things to bear in mind when choosing a final design are:

• if you prefer a flattish bottom (oo errr missis!) then having the continuous piece of leather going from side to side rather than front to back may be better for you

I chose a Sam Brown fastener as less obtrusive and quieter in use than a popper - I have now got the hang of fastening it easily despite the arthritis in my hands and am happy with it but some may find a popper more to their taste

In my case the dimensions were determined by the size of the camera+spare battery+memory card (plus a bit) but if you have this design as a possibles pouch then you need to be sure you can get your fingers to the very bottom for any small items. This is not an issue for me - given the use of the case - but might be for you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE