TV TONIGHT;-Bear Grylls & Will Ferrel CH4. 7.05PM

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
I found it disapointing - it all seemed over staged to me and the laughs did not come as thick as I expected.
The scenery was stunning though!
My thoughts exactly John; I felt the production of the programme was extremely poor, but maybe I'm just used to BBC rather than mainstream US TV production values. There were a few amusing comments though.

Incidentally, who else noticed (amongst the other "mistakes") that Bear never wore a hat even though he claimed it was -20°C during the day? ;)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Is he realy a hot head?
I also noticed that the "snow shoes" were used for a short while but on day 2 in seemingly similar conditions they did not bother with them.....perhaps Will fell off them too often!
I was not impressed with BGs cooking skills....

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
This was on Sky a couple of month back. I watched it then.

Scared of climbing trees that Ferrel aint he lol.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
The anti Bear stuff on here is tiresome and very worn. If you don't like the guy turn over and whilst you are at it ignore the threads on here. When I was a kid someone I respect very much said to me if you haven't got something decent to say about somebody, the mark of your true spirit and character is not saying much at all; try to help them or continue your journey elsewhere and let them be. Sound advice which has stood me in very good stead. Anyway, I hope it is a new double act! I find Bear entertaining and I will try to watch this. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up.

Chris

I totally agree with you.
British way - If someone is successfull knock them until their not.
American way - If their doing good, back them and help them (could be why Harley tractors are still being made - yes I have got one)
At least he's highlighting Bushcraft and then Mr. M can show us all how to be sustainable.
Remember he calls himself a survivor, not a bushcrafter:soapbox:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE