TV TONIGHT;-Bear Grylls & Will Ferrel CH4. 7.05PM

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Heads Up. Should be entertaining .

"7:05pm on Channel 4
55 mins

...Born Survivors: Will Ferrell joins Bear Grylls for a two-day survival mission in the Arctic Circle. Can the Hollywood actor and comedian handle the extreme cold and eating deer eyeballs?"

http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/web/shows/born-survivor-will-ferrell/

Intrepid explorer Bear Grylls challenged actor and comedian Will Ferrell to join him for an extreme adventure in the Swedish Wilds. Bear took Will through the paces of real life survival in the ice-bound mountain and glacier ranges in the far north of Sweden.

Armed only with the most basic survival equipment, Bear briefed his partner on the severe conditions they had to confront over the journey... and the worst-case scenarios the duo could endure.

Without losing his infectious sense of humor, Will proved his mettle through a series of physically challenging skills. Together, they tandem-abseiled off a helicopter, rappelled down hundred-foot frozen waterfalls and built a shelter to stay warm overnight in sub-zero temperatures.

In true Bear style, he wasted no time showing his team mate what it takes to find food in the icy coniferous forests, as they climbed trees, improvised snow shoes from saplings, drank their own urine and even bit into reindeer eyeballs!

:eek:

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
The anti Bear stuff on here is tiresome and very worn. If you don't like the guy turn over and whilst you are at it ignore the threads on here. When I was a kid someone I respect very much said to me if you haven't got something decent to say about somebody, the mark of your true spirit and character is not saying much at all; try to help them or continue your journey elsewhere and let them be. Sound advice which has stood me in very good stead. Anyway, I hope it is a new double act! I find Bear entertaining and I will try to watch this. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up.

Chris

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
I saw it a couple of weeks ago on youtube and from a survival or Bushcraft aspect it wasn't great (as usual) but it was very funny and entertaining...Will Ferrell thinks he loses one of his most important pieces of kit which is irreplaceable....I do recommend this!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I never said I dont like the guy!
If Uncle Ray on Dave is one I have seen then I will be watching "The Will and Gryll show" - but not because I think I will learn much for my Bushcraft or Survival, purely for entertainment and a good giggle.
With all the hype and fakery exposed in Grylls progs it is hard to take them as anything but entertainment (a bit like Arnies films) - but it would apear the "Bear" is an OK guy.....

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Well i only managed to watch the 1st 15 mins before the missus called dibs on the x-factor ( grumble ) so can't really comment.

I think fairly ballsy of Will Ferrel to sign up and do something like this, not exactly known as a hollywood action type so hats to the funny guy for stepping up and doing what probably many here would start 'flapping' at.

End of the day , its entertainment and i 'd rather watch something like this over coronation street eight days out of seven all year round.

PS And i'm not much of a fan of Bear.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
I thought it was good. It was probably aimed at 10 yo boy scouts (or whatever they are called nowerdays) but then I guess I sense of humor is still partially routed at that age. OK I didn't learn much, but everyone has to start learning somewhere and for 10yo's it's probably just as good a place to start as any; even if it just inspires them to go to their first scout club meeting.

Dodger

Oct 4, 2009
UK
Just watching this on C4+1. I'm not a big fan of Grylls' previous TV programmes (e.g. Born Survivor), because they play like a litany of what NOT to do if you get stuck in the wilderness.

This is better - a little reminiscent of the programme RM did with Ewan McGregor. I'm not sure why they hung off the rope ladder while the helicopter flew off at the end, instead of getting inside - seemed like a throwback to the pointless macho stuff Grylls normally does.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I found it disapointing - it all seemed over staged to me and the laughs did not come as thick as I expected.
The scenery was stunning though!

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I vote Bernie Garland.
icon10.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE