Tung Oil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Hi all,
An appeal to someone's good nature I'm afraid :eek:
I'd like to get hold of some Tung Oil, as I've carved a little spoon for a mate's baby and I'd like to finish it in something non-toxic but that will also not go rancid with age as the intention is to have it for occasional use but more as a memento.
All I have at home is olive oil...

So, does anyone have just the tiniest amount of tung oil that they could send me? Im thinking even half an old 35mm film canister full or similar quantity - it's not a big spoon!

I'd go and buy a new bottle myself but I'm leaving the country in a couple of weeks and I've been busy shedding all my spare belongings; seems a shame to have to buy a full bottle for such a small quantity...

Cheers, in anticipation ;)

Neil

sionnach

Jun 15, 2006
Maidenhead
If you get desperate I've got some boiled linseed oil I could let you have. Suspect you want Tung because it will be used on a spoon (?)

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
sionnach said:
If you get desperate I've got some boiled linseed oil I could let you have. Suspect you want Tung because it will be used on a spoon (?)

Thanks for the offer, but as Leon says, he's gallantly stepped in to meet the need.

Cheers Leon! :You_Rock_

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I have some chopping board clear oil - from veg I think but safe and won't spoil. PM me if you'd like a canister full. I've used on spoons and is perfect.

From Ikea but I don't know if they still sell it.

Halfdevil333

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2006
On the Banks of Loch Lomond
sionnach said:

Hi just a quick one please don't use Boiled Linseed Oil on anything you plan to eat with..Bad for you....I believe its safe to use Linseed Oil (Please correct me if i'm wrong.)

All the best
Halfdevil333 :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE