Trout for christmas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nipper

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I have been after a good quality 4 weight fly rod for sometime now but didn’t want to pay big money for a Hardy or Sage. So whilst in New York earlier this year I thought I would look around for a bargain. I managed to pick up a 4 weight St Croix for $130.

I hadn’t had a chance to use until recently, and the first fish to fall victim was this little baby!

Trout13pound.jpg

This fish fell to a buzzer fished on a Rio Midge tip line.

I have to say I have been slowly scaling down my fly tackle over the years. Now the heaviest rod I use now is a 5 weight and that’s even on reservoirs. I find lighter rods more of pleasure to fish with.

I don’t do catch and release otherwise I would use heavier tackle!

Anyway, this fish is now cut into steaks and will be enjoyed over the festive period.

Nick

M

mikehill

Trout for me too on New Years Day. Not that big though :D
Mike.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Fantastic Nipper. I went back to fishing myself recently with a similar weight tackle. Hope you enjoy the troup. :)

nipper

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The trout weighed just over 13 pounds and was caught at Dever Springs lake in Barton Stacey.

It was a great fight on such light tackle. I can't wait to get back there in the new year.

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE