trapping bush babes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spikey DaPikey

Feb 8, 2006
North West, near the land of the Pies
I found a biker babe, who just happens to like bushcraft, we met by having a quick spar (martial arts) at a pub meet !! :p :lmao:

Oxford084.jpg

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
isn't there a bird that attracts a mate by building a nest? and then doing a display in its "garden" (ground nesting)

maybe you could do the same, set up a nice shelter, little fire, food and tea/coffee on the go and do a little dance when you see a potential bush babe approaching? :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Get a puppy and go walkabout with a kiddie rucksac to carry the exhausted little tyke in.............no female will walk past without an, "Aww" and a smile. Breaks the ice and gets the converstion at least opened safely. Let the puppy out and he'll fuss all over potential bushbabe. :rolleyes: Lets you see more of how she deals with animals too.
Works on, oh about 95% of known bushbabes :D
The Guide Dogs for the Blind are usually on the lookout for puppy walkers (been there, done that) so permanent cute factor :)

Cheers,
Toddy

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Toddy said:
Get a puppy and go walkabout with a kiddie rucksac to carry the exhausted little tyke in.............no female will walk past without an, "Aww" and a smile. Breaks the ice and gets the converstion at least opened safely. Let the puppy out and he'll fuss all over potential bushbabe. :rolleyes: Lets you see more of how she deals with animals too.
Works on, oh about 95% of known bushbabes :D
The Guide Dogs for the Blind are usually on the lookout for puppy walkers (been there, done that) so permanent cute factor :)

Cheers,
Toddy

Oh, you big swizzer....I thought you claimed to be no Babs C????
I reckon you,re a ghost writer for Mills and Boon :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ceeg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank all the heavens I'm not! No :eek: but I know how awkward some of my friends find it starting a conversation with a guy they think they might like to find out if they'd like to know him better. Especially if it's someone neither they nor their friends know, and it's not someone they've met in a pub, club, whatever where there are lots of people around.

Yup, female minds *do* work that way.

Break the ice and see how they get on. Shared interest groups, climbing clubs, re-enactor's societies and the like are very good too.

Cheers,
Toddy.........who was once stuck on a five hour train journey, on a Winter's evening, and the *only* thing to read was a Babs.C. ( shudder) or a very racy romantic novel ( :Wow: I didn't know guys could look like that and still walk :lmao: ) Sorry, but ridiculous reticules or *******, give me real people anyday. :D

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well, the little thing was only six weeks old, cute as a button black labrador, but the kennels *had* to be emptied because three other litters had gone down with flu, so the puppy, two weeks too young, arrived on a Friday night before we left to go on holiday at 5am the next morning. I had two kids under four and a puppy in a cottage on a cliff :rolleyes: next to the North Sea, and we walked miles, but the puppy got tired and we swapped places with the youngest son for a bit. My brother carried it for a while and got chatted up everytime we passed young women..........if it worked for him........ :D

atb,
Toddy

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
so you dont do that to every puppy?

<Tengu is still in counselling after she saw a dog in a pushchair two years ago in Weymouth...>

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They've got four legs, unless they're too little or not well or struggling....have you seen a dachshund in a bog?....they can walk! :D

cheers,
M

speedstar

Forager
May 28, 2005
lincs
i was out with my god son and was showing him what the blackberry bush was good for he was only 1 at the time he keept puting them in his mouth and giveing them to random passers by that got the girls talking to me as most mun including my self tought it was grose :lmao:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
thats a good example of what `not` to do, speedster

Introduced them to a begged or borrowed infant.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Get 'em young! I managed to get friction fire into a Sunday school lesson some time back. One girl in particular got very much into the subject, keener than most of the boys.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
rich59 said:
Get 'em young! I managed to get friction fire into a Sunday school lesson some time back. One girl in particular got very much into the subject, keener than most of the boys.
somehow you've managed to make that sound both Illegal and suspect :rolleyes:

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Thinking back I can back the suggestion of creating an attractive display.

A while back a neighbour wanted to see more of what I was doing with fire. Next thing I know I am plotting a workshop on friction fire to invite neighbours and contacts to. About a dozen showed and you could easily spot the keenest, some babes among them, and move on to the next level of courtship if you so desired.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Get yourself a ten and a half foot Boa Constrictor and stand on a stage with it draped over your shoulders - it worked for me and 10 years 2 kids later we are still together (double entendres regarding the length of my snake on a postcard please :naughty: )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE