Trangia Fuels issue !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Hiya all,

Just been b&q for meths for my trangia for this weekend, and was told they dont sell it anymore !

so only option was white spirit,

Will this be ok ?

any tips ?

its a lidl trangia - had it about 3 years brilliant ( although only ever used meths ! )

Thanks

Loz

MancsMan

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2008
Manchester
Only if you want a fireball or explosion…

STICK TO METHS

Try small hardware/decorating/arts&crafts stores, or on-line.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
White spirit is petroleum based isn't it? Meths is alcohol, which white spirits definitely isn't. Don't even try it, you'll look daft without your eyebrows!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I do remember somebody in my branch of B&Q mentioning meths going off sale soon. I bought two bottles and started getting quizzed about what I was up to. When I mentioned that I work with live gas supplies every day and carry a blow torch in my van, they sort of lost interest in the line of questioning! :rolleyes:

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
I do remember somebody in my branch of B&Q mentioning meths going off sale soon. I bought two bottles and started getting quizzed about what I was up to. When I mentioned that I work with live gas supplies every day and carry a blow torch in my van, they sort of lost interest in the line of questioning! :rolleyes:

Serious ?

So im not imagining it. !!!!!!

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I bought a few litres this week and when questioned about what it was for I told them I was going to drink it.They told me it wasn't safe to drink.When I said I was only joking they lost interest too.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
While we're on the subject, is it still possibe to meths by mail order.

I've seen a few sites selling 5L for £10 but I'm not sure if they still ship it

OutbackAl

Aug 31, 2006
Ireland
Hi Loz
Try Woodie’s Diy, they had some in my local store about two weeks ago. About 18 euro for a two and a half litre tin . They also had half litre bottles too. Also try your local chemist , I used to get meths in mine.:)

Al

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE