Trangia 25 Kettle replacement

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Jack,
It seems the solution to your needs would be one of Trangia's own kettles, as they are designed to work and fit (?) with Trangia cooksets (I would hope they would work with the triangle too) or do you have an issue with Aluminium?
I currently have an Optimus Terra 0.7 litre Hard Anodised Aluminium kettle, it does just enough for two mugs, the Trangia just fits inside, with a freezer bag with fruit tea bags...and lives permanently in the backpack......I'm looking for (probably) 1.5 litre for the beach hut, stainless appeals as salt laden air corrodes everything.......

I still haven't ordered an Eagle yet!.......decisions, decisions.....

Paul

Yes, I have the Trangia 25 kettle. I also need something a little bigger (1.4/1.5L) to avoid have to heat up two lots of water when all 5 of us are having a drink. I want to avoid unhardened aluminium. It's a pity Trangia don't make one in SS or hardened aluminium.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Yes, I have the Trangia 25 kettle. I also need something a little bigger (1.4/1.5L) to avoid have to heat up two lots of water when all 5 of us are having a drink. I want to avoid unhardened aluminium. It's a pity Trangia don't make one in SS or hardened aluminium.

Why? the health warning nonsense has long been shot down.

Trangia do a 4.5l pot you can pack the whole of the 25 in it.

Last edited:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I've got to be up at half four, so I'll post some pics tomorrow, but it fits in the T25 without having to lose pots and being smaller than the T25 Kettle, leaves a bit of added storage room. OK, it won't do three to four people, but I doubt the T25 would either and in any case I only have to take care of the dog and I so I care not.
Whilst it works on my pocket stove with a Trangia burner for lightweight carry, it will be ideal on my Yukon stove with the rest of the Trangia kit.
Overall I like it and Thor at Techthor has been first class throughout.

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
Yes I realised that the rest of the Trangia kit was still there, just wondered which kettle the Stainless one is......Im getting confused between Haulite and Eagle etc......
Paul

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
I've just had thought, yes it was lonely! I have limited experience with the the Trangia, using mine with a Trangia Triangle and a foil windshield, now, if windy and without the windshield the burner has in the past run out of fuel before bringing a pint of water to the boil, hot enough for 2 fruit teas, but not boiling, no issue if using a windshield. However I think I am right in thinking that Jack needs to make 4/5 cups in one go to make drinks for the family, so my lonely thought is; Will the Trangia burner, burn long enough to boil a potential two to two and a half pints of water? My concern is that ithe burner might not have enough fuel capacity to do the job? Unless the integrated Trangia cook system improves fuel economy significantly.
So in Jacks case possibly not only a bigger capcity kettle is required, but also a rethink on the cook system?

Food for thought? Interested to hear other peoples views.....

Paul

Last edited:

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Well, I manage to boil two 25 Kettles with a single fill of the burner. This has been in relatively still conditions (see the Brew Up thread and the issue with midges). So, you might be right. Maybe I'll try an experiment with a pot.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
So, the GSI Halulite 1.0L Kettle has arrived and it's looking good as a replacement for my Trangia 25 Kettle.

It's seems to be exactly the same diameter...

17881923066_f80a07d3b1_c.jpg

..just a little taller.

17720433418_58509e98f9_c.jpg

The hole is bigger too; the lid of the Trangia 25 will fit inside the GSI. You can actually fit the Trangia Trinagle inside the GSI Kettle with the Trangia Burner (you cannot do this with the Trangia Kettle or the Eagle Products 1.5L Kettle). You need to encourage the Triangle to get inside but I wouldn't call it excessive force.

17721101000_d41dd71d4c_c.jpg

The GSI will fit inside the smallest Trangia 25 pot, so you don't have to leave any at home. The spout just interferes with the pot, but the fry pan will still fit over the top without having to put any pressure on the Kettle

17905239002_77894c6c43_c.jpg

The GIS fits nicely into the wind shield, with no wobbling.

17881852806_0672d5436a_c.jpg

17908345315_d3efe7c836_c.jpg

It's also a nice fit on the Triangle.

17720810348_ed612f858f_c.jpg

Given the greater capacity of the GSI Kettle, the way it fits with the Trangia 25 and that it can contain the Triangle, I'm pleased with this kettle. It's put together well and, so far, it's all good. I'm guessing that the boil times will be approximately the same.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Looks good. I like the wide opening too. I doubt I would ever need one that size for my needs, but it looks almost ideally suited to yours. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE