Traditional Winter fixed basecamp gear!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Really nice gear collection there Cameron. Qatar what are the cups inside the mors pot ?? What have you found that fits..cheers mate and thanks for posting.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Really nice gear collection there Cameron. Qatar what are the cups inside the mors pot ?? What have you found that fits..cheers mate and thanks for posting.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Cheers mate!

There's a MSR Titan kettle, a tamarack outdoors titanium mig and a MSR coffee filter thing- hope that helps :).

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
Nice to see somebody of your age so enthusiastic about their hobby and obviously respects and looks after his kit!

I hope you continue to build up your kit and your knowledge and pass it on to your own kids in years to come. All power to ya!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Nice to see somebody of your age so enthusiastic about their hobby and obviously respects and looks after his kit!

I hope you continue to build up your kit and your knowledge and pass it on to your own kids in years to come. All power to ya!

Cheers Rob! Thanks for the kind words mate! :)

ship

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2005
NE UK
could i swap a spotty 17 yr old with a attitude problem, a plastic chinese 50cc scooter, ps4 +games, eminem cd,s, joggers that won,t go up past your buttocks and 3 pairs of nike trainers for you!!!!! alternatively, are you up for adoption or in need of foster parents, if so pm me!!

Regards,
Ship,
your,e new dad, lmao

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
Hi Clouston, apologies for being late with this comment. That is a lovely set of gear you've got. A couple of years ago I bought a new jacket and rucksack, both Berghaus. My selection was based on what I (as a newbie) thought was good quality and value for money. However, the more I see this type of traditional kit, canvas, leather, tweeds etc., I must say it really is lovely and appeals to me more so than camouflage too. I'd like to ask you something. I notice your jacket and shirt open half-way (i.e. they don't open fully down the front). Is that an advantage over a full-length zip/buttons? Also, may I ask, what is the make/brand of the waist-coat. Thanks for sharing.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
could i swap a spotty 17 yr old with a attitude problem, a plastic chinese 50cc scooter, ps4 +games, eminem cd,s, joggers that won,t go up past your buttocks and 3 pairs of nike trainers for you!!!!! alternatively, are you up for adoption or in need of foster parents, if so pm me!!

Regards,
Ship,
your,e new dad, lmao
Hehe that made me smile :D

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Hi Clouston, apologies for being late with this comment. That is a lovely set of gear you've got. A couple of years ago I bought a new jacket and rucksack, both Berghaus. My selection was based on what I (as a newbie) thought was good quality and value for money. However, the more I see this type of traditional kit, canvas, leather, tweeds etc., I must say it really is lovely and appeals to me more so than camouflage too. I'd like to ask you something. I notice your jacket and shirt open half-way (i.e. they don't open fully down the front). Is that an advantage over a full-length zip/buttons? Also, may I ask, what is the make/brand of the waist-coat. Thanks for sharing.

Hi mike! Glad you like the gear mate! Some people prefer the half length zips and some don't - I would say it's advantage would be being a bit warmer but depending on the climate this could be its downfall too. I quite like pullover designs as I never have any jackets open always zipped as I don't like the sides flapping but that's personal preference. The waistcoat is made by Le Chameau mate, I'm sorry to say I don't know the model but I hope that helps :).

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Cameron,

Most impressive collection mate. Especially like the green waistcoat, mind if I ask where you got it?

Thanks for posting!

T

Cheers Tom! It's made by Le Chameau mate, I got it in a trade with Macaroon on here and I'm not aware of the model name unfortunately. With a bit of Google fu you might be able to find it. Hope this helps :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
A mighty fine collection there ,, so whats next on the kit list ,,I know my kit list never seems to end :)

Cheers mate! Hmmm some shooting gloves, enzo PK70 and a froe are on the cards - I've got some money from working today so I'll stash that and wait till I can get something that tickles my fancy :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE