I've been looking at the Crux AK-47 for years and always wanted to try one, so a couple of months ago I bought a used one (1st generation with floating hood) to try from eBay for not a lot of money. I've used it a fair bit training with mountain rescue and I've used it walking and camping including a 25km walk in the Black Mountain, and, barring the floating hood, I really, really like it. So I bought myself a new one which arrived yesterday. I opted for the non floating hood version, I just don't need that extra space. As it is, it's just the right size to fit a full winter kit, climbing harness & helmet in, and I find floating hoods to be annoying, mainly because they always seem to droop. This 3rd generation version has welded seams and a roll top enclosure, so it's basically waterproof! Well until you open it to get something in the rain, at least. It's also got a hip belt buckle similar to the old Karrimor's, which I really like.
Anyway, I just wanted to share some photos.




1st Generation next to a 3rd Generation..


Anyway, I just wanted to share some photos.




1st Generation next to a 3rd Generation..




