Tracking Training Devon Spring 2021 - Instructor Fernando Moreirea's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
fernando.jpg

Lead Instructor:- Fernando Moreira's

Date:-( I'm awaiting on hard dates for the course and will update once I know , currently looking to be End of May. )

Costings:- Circa £100 for 40 hours instructions - However I have been advised this figure will go down if more people attend.

SAR and Man Tracking Instructor Fernando Moreira's is coming to the UK in early 2021 to teach a 40 hour SAR Tracking Course in the Okehampton area of Devon.

SAR Classes | Fernando Moreira's Professional Tracking Services (professionaltrackers.com)

About | Fernando Moreira's Tactical Tracking School

Search and Rescue Tracking w/ FERNANDO MOREIRA - SAR Tracking - YouTube

Currently there is no upper limit to the amount of attendants allowed.

If anyone is interested in attending , leave a message here ( on the thread ) and I will pass on the organisers email address to those interested parties.

There are conventional Camping grounds within the local area and there is of course wild camping options within the Dartmoor national park.

( Caveat - I have no professional paid association with the Instructor or Organsisers just wish to help advertise what would appear to be a very reasonably priced course. )

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddy

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
That seems like a pretty amazing price. Depending on dates and course format (amount of days) I’m interested

An exceptional price - I believe Fernando is one who is more concerned with passing on the skills to interested parties than making a large profit.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hi TeeDee,

The sites linked to read like his training is not just aimed at, but limited to, SAR professionals and law enforcement. Your description of this course make look like it is open to anyone. Is that so?

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi TeeDee,

The sites linked to read like his training is not just aimed at, but limited to, SAR professionals and law enforcement. Your description of this course make look like it is open to anyone. Is that so?

Hello , Yes Its open to everyone but I admit the digital literature does show his affiliation with Border patrol , LEO institutions and the like.

From what I understand he simply enjoys teaching - so its open to everyone.

hth

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Bump on this.

If You are interested please act and show book a place.
Or its likely that it won't happen as minimum numbers won't be achieved.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Latest Bump for this.

I've messaged a few people - some have made an effort to reply back and others have not.

Currently we are at a 'Go/No-Go' point - if enough deposits are not collected the Course WILL NOT be happening.

If people are interested in training under a Elite Instructor who is basically coming to the UK to teach for FREE ( The course costs are simply to cover his Flight Travel costs ) then PLEASE do get in touch or at least respond to the PM's I have sent out.

Thank You.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I would love to attend and it's a real shame but the timing is so unfortunate.
Lots of unknowns, many both sides of the pond and most we have no control over.
I'm still hopeful to meet him but fear it wont be possible at the moment.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I would love to attend and it's a real shame but the timing is so unfortunate.
Lots of unknowns, many both sides of the pond and most we have no control over.
I'm still hopeful to meet him but fear it wont be possible at the moment.

Yes, - I agree.

I'm Bumping this again because I'm really trying to help make this happen.

So , anyone fancy 40 hours of Tracking instruction for £100?
From a very experienced and highly regarded Tracking Instructor who basically wants to teach for free as long as he can get his Flight from America paid for?

C'mon people.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
The origional post did say dates at the end of may.
I still think this is too soon, if it was postponed until july or august, it might be better. I'm not looking to do anything until at least the end of June. There are too many unknowns.
Will he be fully vaccinated? Will he isolate for two weeks and take tests to make sure he is free of covid?
Will the participants? I dont want to be mixing with unvaccinated people, or those that havent been tested and proven that they are not infected. I
cant afford to risk my life like that.
I'm not even committing to the moot until nearer the time, and that's in august.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
The origional post did say dates at the end of may.
I still think this is too soon, if it was postponed until july or august, it might be better. I'm not looking to do anything until at least the end of June. There are too many unknowns.
Will he be fully vaccinated? Will he isolate for two weeks and take tests to make sure he is free of covid?
Will the participants? I dont want to be mixing with unvaccinated people, or those that havent been tested and proven that they are not infected. I
cant afford to risk my life like that.
I'm not even committing to the moot until nearer the time, and that's in august.

WG - Would you be interested in attending if I could put all those questions to rest.

As in, would you WANT to attend?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Fernando is already vaccinated.

Masks and social distancing in an out door environment is to be followed. I will ensure there is plentiful amounts of alcohol based hand sanitizers at the venue.

I will also contact the local Police Constabulary for the area and inform/ask if a Search and Rescue exercise is being conducted will that pose a problem or issue for them to enforce their current Covid related policy relating to groups.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
WG - Would you be interested in attending if I could put all those questions to rest.

As in, would you WANT to attend?

I'd love to, but my mobility isn't very good, let alone spending hours walking over moorland.
Transport is also an issue at present.
Both my bikes are sorned, and needing wads spent to get back on the road. I dont know if it would be feasible to get even one on the road and do the course aswell.
As I said I'm being a bit over cautious due to my covid vulnerability, which is of the " book a body bag, not a taxi home "sort!
If my second vaccine date is kept to, I still will not have full protection at the end of may either.
Sadly I will have to pass I think.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'd love to, but my mobility isn't very good, let alone spending hours walking over moorland.
Transport is also an issue at present.
Both my bikes are sorned, and needing wads spent to get back on the road. I dont know if it would be feasible to get even one on the road and do the course aswell.
As I said I'm being a bit over cautious due to my covid vulnerability, which is of the " book a body bag, not a taxi home "sort!
If my second vaccine date is kept to, I still will not have full protection at the end of may either.
Sadly I will have to pass I think.

As I thought. Ok , no problem.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Last time I bump this.

I'm quite disappointed by the lack of interest/take-up if i'm honest but such is life.

So Fernando is basically doing this 40 hours of Instruction for FREE.
The costs involved are just to cover his return Flight expenses.

That is an amazing thing to do - to teach for free.

We need people to show interest and commit a basic £50 now so that the Flight can actually be booked - without that its not going to happen.

There will be no second chance ' later on ' to join , its either now or never.

For 40 hours ( 5 days ) Tracking Instruction in the UK I think its fair to say a ball park price would be £300-£400 , so for this course to be £100 is an absolute gift.

Like I've said - this will be the last time I promote it here.

And it will be in all likelihood the only time Fernando will ever teach his tracking skills in the UK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE