Trackers Torch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Well, on my travels I think I have come across what i reckon is the ultimate Trackers Torch.

PL-7-Titanium.jpg

pl7.jpg

Its the PL7 from Premierlight.

This is usually a 7 element LED torch simular to models from Inova, but the version i have is 6 LEDs surrounding a laser dot in the middle.
This means that it not only functions as a damn good torch, it can be used to side light tracks for night tracking. But also with the laser, you can point tracks out to your fellow trackers aswell as highlight details of the track without having to touch it, or even go near it for that matter. Just point it up the path and and point out each step to them.
What is more the AA sized Mini Maglite filter holder conveniently fits, so you can add a green filter as recomended by Max and Rhoda at Shadowhawk. It will require a hole cut in the middle for the Laser though
The unit itself is made from "aircraft grade aluminium" and is billed to be uncrushable and waterproof.
It has three light settings 1 - Laser on 2 - LEDs on and 3 a flashing LED setting, signalling SOS in morse code. This apparently is visable for 2 miles ! It is a very bright torch.
The only drawbacks i can see are that is does not switch off between these settings (as a Petzyl will) but has to cycle through all 3 before the off position. The other thing it runs on 2x 3v lithium batteries, (rather than AAs) which can be expensive, but when they seem to last for months in LED torches its not too much of a problem.

I'm not sure where you can buy them, I am hoping Jack and Jamie might get them in :?:

But for you lucky people i have one to give away :p

All you have to do to win it, is be the nearest guess to what date and time our 1000th member will join will join the site.
hee hee good guessing guys

Rich

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I've got one already (thanks Rich) and they are excellent!

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
never - the world will be taken over by chicken eating hamsters before then!

M

Metala Cabinet

greyowl22
Please cease and desist from marketing the 'Hazel Wands 6000'. Your product is a blatant violation of my patent (applied for) for my invention 'THE STICK' which as you no doubt aware is in use throughout the world. I refer you to Paragraph 4ci of my original patent application:

(This product) 'will allow anyone so disposed to indicate direction or position by the simple matter of holding 'THE STICK' in one hand, either close to or away from the body, so that an imaginary line may be posited from the hand holding 'THE STICK' extending along the longitudinal axis of 'THE STICK' and from there to the object of interest. By this remarkably simple and yet revolutionary new method 'STICK'bearers may positively identify any object observable by the naked eye'.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
:nana: Sticks are also very useful in the dark, but i found the 30 footer a little unweildy
Is there a Life time warranty on yer stick ?
Hmmm maybe i should keep the torch and just give away a stick, it'd be far cheaper

:rolmao:

Seriously its a really nice piece of kit, and amazingly handy, and if the best trackers i know swear by a laser pointer I aint gonna question them :nana:

Cheers
Rich :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE