Nitecore HC65 - still a good buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Looking at getting a head torch as quite honestly, I have not had one in years and years.

Is the HC65 still a good buy? If not, I’m open to recommendations. Second place on my current shortlist is the Fenix HM65R.

Many thanks in advance.

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
That’s the first one I bought, I was lost by all the choice but on Ray Mears site, that was the only one, apart from maybe one other cheap one so I thought, if that’s what he recommends by having it on his site, that’s what i’ll get. It wasn’t cheap but I can highly recommend it, I have a few others, one Sofirn and a couple smaller types which I take one of as a backup, but the HS65 is the one I always take, it has everything I need with no silly modes. It has a reading/map light and a more distance and wide spread one with different levels plus a red light that’s just the right brightness. It’s really solid and I like that there’s no separate battery pack that can have the wires damaged, it’s just one unit. The Sofirn ones are very good as a budget one, especially if you get it from China, through their site, but the one complaint I have is their head straps are a bit small if you have a large (size 61) head.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
My personal preference would be a right angle headlight.

If wanted red & white light, then an ArmyTek Wizard C2 WR

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Both the Nitecore and Fenix are hugely overpriced. Sofirn manufacture many of the torches we see, and have their own line of stuff. It’s all good, and kinder on the wallet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE