Trackers Torch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
leon-1 said:
Out of professional curiosity, what class is the laser?????
Class IIa. In the US I think they sell them with Class III lasers.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
15 October 20:00

If a winner am going to attach it to the top of my Renault Kangoo and use it for one of these:

Laser zaps roadkill hazards

:yikes: :biggthump

Extracted part of the story from the site:

By Staff
Design News
July 20, 1998

Overpopulation of several species, such as woodchuck, raccoon, porcupine, and opossum, in recent years has resulted in proportional increases in roadkill tonnage on Montana highways. Because these animals grow rather big in Big Sky country--some weigh in at 15 lb--a run-in with them on the road can damage a vehicle or even cause a driver to lose control. Subsequent vehicles passing the roadkill site often swerve to avoid the remains, generating further accidents. Officials estimate that in the last two years, nearly 1,000 accidents have resulted from initial and secondary roadkill incidents--20 involving fatalities to drivers and passengers, in addition to the animals.

The truck-mounted laser, pointed out the right side, can eliminate nuisance animals up to 50 ft from the roadway. The laser is computer-controlled and boresighted to aim within the field of view an infrared camera that detects any animal. Data Exclusive (Gardner, MA) image-acquisition shape-recognition software determines if an animal is within the field of view and within effective range of the laser, triggering the beam. Backup is provided by an operator who activates the system when a prospective target is seen as the truck drives along at around 30 mph. Initially a visible-light camera was used, but developers say it gave more false positives, resulting in small brush being set alight. The infrared system homes in on an animal's body heat for virtually 100% effectiveness.
:bu: :eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE