Tools growing wild!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bunnerz

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2006
Bedfordshire
I was out in my usual bushcrafty woods last week and as I set down to make a fire in the middle of thick forest, I put my hand down and find myself leaning on a multi tool!

I searched around a bit on google and found it was just this cheap one
multi_tool.jpg

Its a little stiff and has got a few minor rust patches on it. I was just wondering what is the best way of cleaning it up? Just a wash in soapy water with a bit of a scrub?

Cheers, Bunn

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Bunn,

Very very fine wet and dry (say 600 grit) to remove any larger rust patches, then a good oiling with WD40 or 3 in 1 should do it mate

Red

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
funny enough a few years back I was in the woods and dying for a smoke (I'd no bakky or cigs with me) and put my hand down on a pack of bakky and papers.

Funny what grows in the wild innit? :lmao:

Greywolf

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Best foraging I have done is at the last North West meet, went for a wander and come back with a dozen hot dogs complete with buns!
Scout camps have resources left lying around everywhere :lmao:

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
Bunnerz said:
I was just wondering what is the best way of cleaning it up? Just a wash in soapy water with a bit of a scrub?

Cheers, Bunn
Jif when a green pad will remove a fair amount of rust. Metal polish from halford or the like if that fails, You can use abtrasive paper if that fails (finest grit you can get)

Bunnerz

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2006
Bedfordshire
Ok in the end seen as I found it and it would only be a tenner, I just washed it in soapy water with the metal wire wool stuff, worked fine, didnt scratch it, just removed the rust. Then gave it a good oiling with WD40

Cheers for the advise! :cool:

Bunn

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE