Too, too warm

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
That happened the last time I had a haircut too. Never again....:D

You had your hair cut? noooooo!

It's silly hot here still, the chickens are under the bushes, panting. I'm having to refil the water trough everyday, it just evaporates!

Every living thing is just lethargic, I'm glad I live in a concerete lined brick flat, it keeps the heat out during these days. Even indoors I'm wearing factor 30! :twak:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You know that typical British skin ? Fair, freckles....well brunette or not I have it. And I've gotten it burnt :(
I'm too old to greet just because, but right now I want to.
I was only out in the Sun for half an hour in the garden and my face, neck and arms are on fire and stinging sore :puppy_dog
I've been patiently trying to build up a slow tan because I know I do burn but obviously this last bit was waaaay too much.

I love the good weather but sometimes I think I'm not made for it. I reckon I need kind of misty stuff. :sigh:

Off to cool shower and see if I can ease this.

Toddy

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
On the upside, we've just had a look at the hives and the bees are fair packing away nectar and pollen. Another few weeks of this and we'll have an early honey harvest. :D

I'm in the office now. For the first time ever its a relief to be in here out of the sun.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I was sea, estuary and river canoeing yesterday and managed to get a short walk in the hills, between shopping trips, today - nice cool breezes in all of this...and factor 60 suncreme!
I also spent a bit of time packing for an overnighter tomorrow, plus a bit of work in my sunny workroom - a flaming sauna!
I hope it is cool in the woods tomorrow!

aah, the wonderful midsummer spectacle of brits complaining about the heat ;)

i LOVE the summer. it's the only time of year i can stroll, cause striding makes me sweat :D

and sometimes you can sleep out without a blanket. that's special that is

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
just nipped to the other building to swap some backup tapes.
i thought i'd melt before i got to the safety of the aircon.
yikes...

still shan't grumble too much i love the sunshine if not the heat ;)
bring me a sunny winters day anyday though. that beautiful clear sky you can just stare up into and nipping out of the wind/cold with a hot drink is something special.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
You don't catch me moaning about the frost or the snow.

I have a Northern soul and I struggle in the Summer.

Too hot to sleep well, too hot to work in and hayfever to add to my woes.

Bring back Winter......
4570.gif
4570.gif
4570.gif

In fact I wouldn't say no to Fimbul-Winter right now....

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Been fitting fashias and soffits to a house with white wetdashed walls today.

The people who like the heat quite obviously don't do that, cos it was bleedin torture.

I prefer the cold dry weather.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
hell it was funny yesterday seeing all the beetroot peeps. this sat/sun i had factor 50 slathered over me regular (and the kids twice over) but the faces i saw in work were so sunburned it was unreal.
golf has to be one of the biggest contributors to skin cancer in this country. that and boredom.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's the neighbours sprawled out in the gardens already that gets me. They'll sit there baking from mid morning 'til teatime :confused:
How can anyone spend days just lying there, all day, doing nothing ???

Their skins look frazzled, well, fried to be honest :rolleyes:

My Grandmother called a tan, Sun stain, but then her generation thought that ladies ought to try to be kind to their white skins. It worked too, they had lovely skin even as very old ladies. Now the skin of so many folks looks wrecked.

I've been out for a walk, done my shopping and I'm spending the rest of the day pottering around the house and gardens where there's always at least a bit of shade.

cheers,
Toddy

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
hell it was funny yesterday seeing all the beetroot peeps. this sat/sun i had factor 50 slathered over me regular (and the kids twice over) but the faces i saw in work were so sunburned it was unreal.
golf has to be one of the biggest contributors to skin cancer in this country. that and boredom.

Tautology Alert.:red: :D

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
Stuck in an office in the roaring heat - someone just kill me and be done with it :D

Also, this is why I don't go on sun and sea holidays - it's too hot for me in the UK, in Spain I'd melt :D

WhichDoctor

Nomad
Aug 12, 2006
Shropshire
I have been planting summer bedding plants at my grandparents the last few days. I went over yesterday afternoon but just 3 minutes in a totally open south facing garden against a massive south facing brick wall on a sun baked lorn with absolutely no wind was no joke :yuck: . Mad dogs and Englishmen and all that I thought, but I'm a quarter Welsh and quarter Irish so reckoned I didn't have to conform to stereotype :lmao: . I went back at 8:30pm, it was lovely :D.

It's about ten degrees cooler today, much more my temperature.

Well I was at the out of hours doc last night when my arms and hands swole up after Fridays excursion...I've been told I have 2nd degree infected burns on the upper arms where it's like brown bubble wrap! Sent home with antihistamine and antibiotics and told that if the swelling didn't go down and the pins n needles didn't go away it would require surgery :eek:

Thankfully the swelling is down slightly!

Never again....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE