Tom Brown Tracker Knife Manual

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 21, 2005
In Exile
I bought the Tracker as a curiosity item more than anything else. Having used it I am pretty impressed with it. It is 2" shorter than my gransfors Wildlife and chops pretty well. If I could only take one knife out into the forest Id still take my Fallkniven but as a companion it is great. I have some things I would like to change and am seriously considering ordering up the Linger version. But then, I have always preferred using a large second blade to an axe if I can get away with it.

Someone asked earlier about the coating and using it with a firesteel... well the coating makes that pretty useless on the back blade but the saw teeth are wide and strike a very good shower of sparks.

Its not a knife its a mini knaxe :) that can do many things a knife can if you forgot to bring it lol...

C

jamesraykenney

Forager
Aug 16, 2004
Beaumont, TX
JohnC said:
Looking again at the manual, now i'm away from work, it seems about the size of a kukhri with a longer handle (not always a bad thing). I was recalling some of the guys at the last scottsih meet with Kukhris using them fro several tasks, the different areas of the blade being suited for different cutting jobs. Point being (and I've never handled one of these TBTKs) other than the saw blade is it that different in concept?

Lietenant Worf v's Ray Mears, straight fight, who's your money on?

That would be fun to watch...
But if it was a Star Trek the old series (ST-TOS) Klingon, I would pick him in a minute, because he would just draw his gun and kill him...

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
jamesraykenney said:
That would be fun to watch...
But if it was a Star Trek the old series (ST-TOS) Klingon, I would pick him in a minute, because he would just draw his gun and kill him...

"You are without honour.." :D

I'm sure I remember a series where Ray beats a local wrestling champ, due to his knowlege of grappling and throws.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE