todays walk (warning - pictures)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushman_Brett

Oct 18, 2006
cannock chase
went out for a quick walk in the forrest today, couldnt pass up the sun and clear skys and the bitter cold crispness in the air, is it just me or is that the best thing about the winter :)

Spent about half an hour following / sneaking behind a huge buck through the thick dead trees startled a pheasant and a fox along the way but unfortunatly the cold weather had exhausted both my sets of batteries :banghead: , will try better tmrw :)

anyway thought id share a little :p

PICT0005.jpg

only last weekend this was all lush and green, how quick its changing

PICT0031.jpg

These where everywhere, probably something common but i dont have a clue with fungi and shrooms

PICT0034.jpg

Now these really caught my eye, with everything turning brown they were sticking out like a sore thumb again not a clue on them.

PICT0010.jpg

This is what i do :p im a bit of a photographer and i love to take pics of sunsets

PICT0002.jpg

Another sunset

Believe me there were loads more, this is just a taster :lmao:

Was so peacefull out there today hardly anyone about with the cold and only the birds, ducks, fox's howling and the occasional bellow of a deer to break the silence, i could have stayed there for hours :)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Nice shots there Brett, twas a wonderful day. I finished work early and went for a wander, haven't had a chance to look through my photo's yet....Is that an slr your using..? Nice clear shots....

Bushman_Brett

Oct 18, 2006
cannock chase
I have a Nikon on the shopping list but there a bit on the pricy side for me, I shoot with a Minolta Dimage Z2 its an inbetween camera, described as "slr like" :lol: but its perfect to hang around my neck, under my jacket without feeling to bulky.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Bushman_Brett said:
I have a Nikon on the shopping list but there a bit on the pricy side for me, I shoot with a Minolta Dimage Z2 its an inbetween camera, described as "slr like" :lol: but its perfect to hang around my neck, under my jacket without feeling to bulky.
Yep...Similar to me...I use a sony H1, I don't want an slr really, although you get better shots, its carrying all that gear, that I don't want...Panasonic fz 30 would suit me best I think....Just been through my shots from today and am pleased with this one....I managed to sneak up quite close to him....Just a shame about those reeds.....
dsc02819largeec3.jpg

Bushman_Brett

Oct 18, 2006
cannock chase
nice shot john, the herons round here are real skitish and hard to snap without lots of zoom.
The Dslr wouldnt be used when im walking so much, like i say to big for that, id tend to use it more for the sunsets and landscapes that i want to blow up big to frame, having said that i tend to pull out my old 120 format yashica TLR or film slr for that type of shot anyway.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
:lmao:
Bushman_Brett said:
PICT0031.jpg

These where everywhere, probably something common but i dont have a clue with fungi and shrooms

[

If I am not wrong these are Russula decolorans and they are not common at all. My newest field guide (Courtecuisse) has them under the CATEGORY 2 HIGHLY ENDANGERED for this part of Britain. Cannock chase is a unique habitat and your photos have really done it justice. They are fantastic :You_Rock_

The other fungus is Orange peel fungus Aleuria aurantia and it is common.

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
photos are really good I am always amazed at the countryside that is just on our door step! I am only a few miles away from you , must get over and walk the chase!!
chris

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Realy like your pictures.
I love photography and used to take loads of pictures but now i find all my kit too much to carry with my bushcraft kit. I have a canon 300D and all the kit to fit in a rucksac as well as an enormous tripod as i couldn't affortd fast lenses.
Many a time i have wished i had my camera with me as bushcraft and photography fit together so well. Anyway, once i have my lavvu i will have a big enough base to store it all as well as my BC kit. Either that or get my compact back off my brother.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I had one of those 'wish I had my camera' days on Saturday. I was beating on the edge of Salisbury Plain. Whilst waiting for the line to curve around in woodland, a hare trotted calmly 6 ft away from me - the only thing that pleased me more was seeing another less than a minute later.

On the next drive I saw a buzzard, honey buzzard, Peregrine and Kestrels (x2).

Later on that day - up on the plain I was about ten feet from a stunningly coloured weasel who stood up to look at me and show his white breast - setter red with black feet and tail.

The number of times I checked my pocket for the camera....................

Wish I could get my pics to come out as well as those above though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE