Today Sucks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sgteldridge

Mar 10, 2006
Fort Wainwright Alaska
Im having the worse luck. Yesterday I was packed and ready to head out into the woods but had to work late and the sun would be down before I got the to site, so I decided to wait until today after the mail ran because I have a Shing Bushcraft knife coming. So while I was waiting for the mail I took some dry wood that I had cut last weekend and was going to cut it down into a rough shaped fire board and take with me. While carving on it with my GB wildlife hatchet I some how carve almost the side of my thumb off. DAMN. 1st thing I thought was there goes my solo trip. Then I thought maybe I need to go get it stiched up but thought about the 6-8 hours Id probaly have to wait in the Army hospital and decided to super glued it and fixed up my self. Anyway hope everyone else has a better weekend. When I get the Shing knife Ill post some pics.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ouch :( , been there, done that.....didn't use superglue :rolleyes: It took weeks to heal properly as I recall. Hope your's sets quickly.
Cheers,
Toddy

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
I did that to my hand about 3 weeks ago - stuck it together with steri strips. It's stuck together now, but still stiff and sore.

Hope yours gets better quicker than mine did!

Infragreen

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2006
Denmark
Hey, bummer big time!

I almost sliced the (ball?) of my left ring finger off once, and decided to wash, pack and leave to set. I have it still.

But superglue? I thought that stuff was poisonous (at least mildly).

How exactly did you perform that piece of DIY "surgery"?

Could come in handy sometime...

Anyway, I hope you're a fast healer like me.

Best wishes, Sarge!

Infy

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
Err, cyanacrolyte superglues contain cyanide. I believe the stuff is derived from a nazi chemical weapon program!

Heard a little story about some guy who decided to fix his false teeth with some superglue. Before long they broke again, so it became a routine every couple of weeks. He found he was feeling worse and worse so went to the doctor. Doc ran through various tests and was at a loss as to what was wrong. On a return visit the guy happend to mention the problems he was having with his dentures and the doctor pretty quickly figured out what was going on. New false in and he was fine in a couple of weeks.

Casualty departments use it on cuts but I wouldn't do it all the time myself.

Anyway hope you heal up OK. Been there myself SOOO annoying.

Take it steady boys and girls!

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Know the feeling mate, took a slice out of my left thumb a couple of weeks ago, cut it between the nuckle and the nail, I have no feeliing in that area at all now
The funny thing is that in the past I've clouted my hand with a blunt axe, it didn't break the skin and it hurt like hell.
My SFA is shaving sharp and cut me almost to the bone and I only knew I did it when the blood ran down my arm, there was no pain at all.

hope you heal well

Ian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE