Time to loose a bit of weight.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Anyone see that documentary a while back (might have been a a Horizon programme) about diet and exercise.
The presenter was looking into the latest science on diet and exercise.
One of the most remarkable parts was the increase in lifespan of rats on a restricted calorie diet, the average lifespan increase was 40%.
Back on topic......
The other revelation, to me any way, was fasting. The presenter did about a month (IIRC) of fasting 2 days a week, and very short duration exercise at maximum heart rate i.e. 3 minutes per week.
The results were astounding, and contradict the current accepted approach to diet and exercise.

well worth a watch if you can find it.

Yes the guy was on a running machine for a flat out three mins, something about releasing 100% glycogen with the full shock bit like revving an engine at full rpm(sprint) for three mins rather than idle tick over (jog) for 30 mins

All the best Stewart :)

I've spent years trying to shave the odd ounce of two off the pack weight with little success, mainly because I do carry only what I need. Obviously the route to carrying less is to take the weight off me rather than the pack.

Now- has anyone got any useful tips for increasing will-power?

Carry less food !
Seriously, if you take a packed lunch anywhere, take less, leave out crisps and all the 'empty' calories you dont need (keep them for a rare treat instead ) eat more fruit and take two roast potatoes out of your sunday dinner and add more boiled veg, instead of buying a Mars Bar get a propper slab of choc and have a single strip off it, say 4 squares, every other night or so to keep the sweet tooth God apeased.
Just dont deny yourself to absolution otherwise you will just end up craving and end up binge eating.
Once you have worked out a reduced menue..stick to it and the pounds will shed themselves.

tedmagnum

Tenderfoot
Nov 19, 2006
Wirral
I have a huge appetite. I could easily be 20 stone. But I'm not. And I eat A LOT and often.

You have to get active. You can burn calories in the most unlikely places. Washing your car, climbing stairs, walking to the shop to fetch your paper.

Get a dog ! Great reason for a good stroll.

Get a log burning stove and only use a saw or axe. The calories will sweat off you...

Like others have said. Get cheese, butter and bread out of your life and you will be surprised with the weight you lose.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE