Time Team Goodness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 27, 2011
Canada
Hello everyone. I know I'm behind the curve, and living under a rock, but I just found full episodes of Time Team on Youtube. :) My all time favorite show. I've had a few days off, and since the heavens have opened up and not stopped raining, I've had a Time Team marathon. Those chaps are brilliant!
I wanted to be an archeologist since high school, and foolishly never followed that dream...too late now, but at least I can sit back and enjoy. Anyone else like this wonderful series?
Cheers
Armchair Archeologist Alex

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Our favourites tend to be the ones investigating people's gardens. There was one that showed that a garden boundary was in fact part of a Bronze Age boundary. It would be false modesty not to say that I once played a very small part in one episode, the experience was fantastic. I admire the way TV crews go about their business and some inside information on "Big Brother" was a bonus.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
OOOOoooo I liked Time Team.

Recently the kids have been using utube to watch cartoons with, I'm trying to get them to watch some more science/ natural history/ mathematical/ navigational - basically anything alittle more intellectually stimulating than in the night garden or my little ponies [not that there's anything wrong with them per se it's just they're watching too much of it for my liking :)] So far the BBC life series and blue planet have been a hit [a little distressing when things get killed for the younger one, but it is part of life and is a more 'real' violence rather than flims/ normal telly violence] So I think I'll try them with this - I wouldn't have thought of it if not seen it here as I'd completely forgotten about the show!

Hmmm abit of a longer reply than I intended but there you go.....

Cheers now.

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
I wanted to be an archaeologist when I was younger because of time team, it was always riveting, I used to watch it with my brother, he signed up to do an archaeology degree because of the programmes too. He was adamant that he wanted to do British archaeology and not that 'Egyptian stuff' that everyone wanted to study, I think that was because of time team too. Baldrick made it so fun. I am going to get my kids into watching the series on youtube too, they love Blackadder.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Well if your talking time team Totty
It's got to be Dr Alice Roberts, Oh wait its now Professor.
She was regular member of the team from 2001 -2008.
RVDl26BlY3uD3MsepcNC19v_qAdacTqinNvuzvQcqyY=w233-h311-p-no
[h=1]Professor Alice Roberts[/h]

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
funnily enough talking about TT 2 weekends ago i and a friend of mine did a hog roast for archaeology team that the TT had found when they did a servey over in wenvoe in Cardiff. they had an open day for everyone really interesting day, they had a flint knapper there as well by the name of karl lee great bloke he had got bitten by a horse fly earlier in the afternoon so i treated him with some antihistamine some spray to relieve the sting and gave him some antihistamine for later on. now i know boatman i think thats his name will probably want to stick his oar in but i am a qualified first aider, but thats beside the point to get back on track he gave me a superb little arrow head that he had made for taking the time and trouble to treat him which wasn't necessary but thoughtful regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE