Time off in redundancy period?

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
Evening folks,

Just wandering if anyone knows how much time you are allowed off work in your notice period to look for other work etc?
I'm being made redundant end of the month and until now I've been sorting my CV and looking outside of work, but If I'm entitled to a reasonable amount off I want to spend some time travelling round dropping my CV's off just on the odd chance places are taking on etc
So if anyone knows or can point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it!

Cheers

Jon

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
your employer is legaly bound to give you time off to attend interviews etc, i would suggest that dropping off CV's should qualify as preping for an interview :)

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
your employer is legaly bound to give you time off to attend interviews etc, i would suggest that dropping off CV's should qualify as preping for an interview :)

Cheers! I was wandering how much I'm allowed whilst still getting payed and whether it is just for interviews or anything related to a potential new job counts?

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i think the term used is........within reason.........ie: don't take the micky

there is nothing stopping you telling your employer that you will be off on whatever day / date and then spending the day dropping off CV's or cold calling potential firms, after all, you are genuinely looking for work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE