Time Crashers - Iron Age

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I apologize to all who were expecting me to be seen in the Time Crashers Iron Age episode - they cut me - along with the Slave Trader character in the final cut.
I am pleased to have been cut as the whole thing was totally rigged!
I supplied the bow drill sets - the one that was not broken or lost was messed about with and having seen the episode it is now obvious that this was a deliberate "set up" to make it impossible for anyone to get fire from the bow drill!
Utter rubbish.
I am glad the general public will not link my face with the program!
I am not going to get involved with this sort of TV again!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Wouldn't it be excellent to see it done properly ? None of the stupidty and puerile drivel that's presented as 'reality'.
I think you're better off out of it John.

:grouphug:
Mary

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
can't say I'm surprised :( I was meant to be the smith in the show and two living history groups I know were meant to be supplying members and kit. NONE of us had any word about when or where to go for the filming and then with about 4 days to go it transpired that we had all been dropped! Nobody had thought to contact any of the people involved to let us know that we were no longer required :censored:

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi John
out of interest where was the location they used
I apologize to all who were expecting me to be seen in the Time Crashers Iron Age episode - they cut me - along with the Slave Trader character in the final cut.
I am pleased to have been cut as the whole thing was totally rigged!
I supplied the bow drill sets - the one that was not broken or lost was messed about with and having seen the episode it is now obvious that this was a deliberate "set up" to make it impossible for anyone to get fire from the bow drill!
Utter rubbish.
I am glad the general public will not link my face with the program!
I am not going to get involved with this sort of TV again!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sorry to hear of your bad experiences Mr. Fenna. As you say maybe better off out of it. Don't know the program, or series, or even the premise. An advantage of no telly. Someone mentioned Tony, is it Tony Robinson of Time Team Fame?
Reality telly who needs it?, bring back Lovejoy ehh! ;)

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
I got the jist of what sort of TV they want to make with the BG Island interview i went through. They are looking for ####holes to make "good TV". And ####hole who have already worked in the TV genre to help make "good TV..... Nothing more, nothing less.

Unless we make it ourselves or Ray Mears finally gets his show out, then we are condemned to hours and hours of "####TV.

I watched the new BG show where he attempts to be some sort of David Attenbourgh and Professor Iain Stewart but with the usual Ramboesque BS chucked in...pathetic.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Sounds like we did well to miss it, it was a choice of that or going out back with the middle son and cooking coconut and dried fruit damper in the small bush oven over embers ( we ate o much of it we felt ill) and watching the super moon rise over the moors behind . We thought we could catch it on iplayer or what ever, so we went out.

cheers for the warnings!

ATB

Tom

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, exactly.

My re enacting friends get this all the time; get rang by a TV company, who want so and so.
They say how much and get laughed at, being told they will do it for free publicity.
They tell them theey are one of a handful in this country who will do that, time and equipment dont come cheap, and the company hang up.

Telly is for jerks, its the 21st century and there are other diversions and ways of doing things.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE