Timber/Frear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
On Thursday, July 20, Wing and I are headed for Timber/Frear chain of lakes in the Superior National Forest. We will be canoeing and checking out the area. I haven't been there since I was a kid.

This is the area my grandparents and great grandparents homesteaded and lived in log cabins. One of the lakes is named Wigwam Lake because my g-g-g-grandmother had several lodges there for wild rice harvesting.

The reason for our exploration is the expected arrival of Wing's brother, and family, August 2 for a canoe trip. As our group will be too large for the nine person limit when going into the border lakes, we needed an alternative like Timber/Frear.

Will post photos after our trip.

Here is a map link. If you zoom out - you can get a better idea of the area. Wigwam Lake is just south of Whitefish Lake.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....pe=&keepicon=&zm=0&in.x=6&in.y=8&scale=100000

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE