North West meet 10 - 12 November2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
After a bit of discussion at the recent Achray meet it was decided to go for a North West meet in November. I have booked Forest Camp today, same place as last NW meet, The date is going to be 10, 11 and 12th of November.
Forest camp is situated in Cheshire near Delamere Forest near the junction of the A49 and A556.
Everyone is welcome and the cost will be £2.50 per person per night. There are toilets and showers available on site, we haven't got the same location as last time, but I will ensure we get a suitable area with room for tents and hammocks.
As before there are no ground fires allowed, except in proper fire circles/pits, but there are barrels available for altar fires. There is usually plenty of firewood available but the quality can be sketchy, pallets are ok but sometimes it is treated wood.
I will sort out a better map but here is a multi map link for now
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....ap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=&zm=1&scale=25000
Who is interested so we have some idea of numbers, not committing anything.
Any questions or suggestions post or PM , hope to see you there! ;)

Book it and they will come! :eek:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
:) :) :) :) :) :)

I can walk there from where i live :)

Looking forward to putting faces to names and even if the missus puts her foot down for some reason :rolleyes: ill be there in the day :)
Infact ill talk her into going also n maybe bring the nephew.... (if this is a family kinda thing also ?)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Just realised that it is Remembrance Sunday weekend, I will be disappearing for a couple of hours on Sunday morning(local Remembrance parade) and returning straight after. If anyone wants to attend a Remembrance service I will have spare seats and can give a lift.

It is looking to be a good meet already with a good mix of skills :D
Anyone is welcome to the meet for a visit or to stay, bushcrafter or not, even my wife has threatened to visit :yikes: there is plenty of camping space and the facilities aren't bad so digging sticks aren't necessary!

Emberglow

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2005
Bolton
Can I put two probables down for this please? My Sister really fancies trying the bushcraft scene and would like to come with her partner to learn some new skills. Neither of them are total newbies or numpties

Liz

Hiker

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2006
Liverpool
Im hoping to be able to get to this my first meet but i would be coming by train , is there a station near by

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I think the closest station might be the one near me in elton as its about a mile or two away :) If i can arange the time off which is looking good ill pick you up there and take you down ;)

I have never been to a meet before an was just wondering what will be going on ie skills/demo`s/info etc :D

Hiker

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2006
Liverpool
Cheers Dwardo thanks for the offer we will see what happens when the time gets closer but dont worry if you cant give me a lift i think i can manage 2 miles :D .

Yes im also wondering what will be going on i think it depends on who is there and what skills they have

Im looking forward to it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE