Middlewood Scout Camp Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
Oh i forgot to ask earlier if anyone managed to get any piccys of me firebreathing. If you got any could you please forward them on to me as I am a bit short of good piccys as my camera is naff.
Cheers Greg

I took one pic but all I can see are red wellies, sorry I did'nt take any more I did'nt want to miss the show.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Only managed to get a couple of snaps of my camp and the aftermath ....

DSC00011.JPG

Was impressed with Matt's Tipi the stove inside made it look really cosy.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Cheers mate its good to see as thats the first time I have seen myself doing it. I do need to work on the blows tho as they all came out as very little. There was one where I got a semi decent flame but non that I was too impressed with. I will practice and I promise I will be better at the next meet.
The cold just wearing a tee shirt and being stood ankle deep in mud didnt do much for my confidence when I was firebreathing. As I kept slipping around and as you can imagine that is not a good combination when you are holding a flame with a mouth full of parrafin.

Can you hear me now .......garlic bread i have some milk roll in my bag :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers Greg

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
That fire breathing, its the future! Its like like sunshine indoors...er outdoors.

I really enjoyed seeing this at the weekend, a real unexpected show. Good on yer!

ps. Next time home brews on me (thanks for that by the way :) )

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
My mates name is Riam 'Fox', I will invite him next time. He really enjoyed himself and came back with loads of new ideas. I owe him a lot for getting me into bushcraft and it was good to return the favour.

He was drunk by 6 o'clock though! I remember hearing some shuffling when Wayland was telling the story and looking behind to see Riam grinning at me...more shuffling...an inane grin behind a tree...more shuffling...a grin from the shadows...more shuffling...gone. I went to check on him later and he'd passed out over the bivvy bags trying to get his boots off. :lmao:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I wondered why he'd gone quiet...:D

Like others have mentioned, I found him to be an interesting character too, and lets face it we've all overdone the pop at some time or other haven't we. ;)

I'm certainly glad you both came.

Ps. what's the url. for the pirate website one of you mentioned.
pirates.gif

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Damn, that diet just isn't working for me.

For those that asked I've added a few pics of art to my gallery. I was sure I'd posted that earlier, but can't find it.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Damn, that diet just isn't working for me.

For those that asked I've added a few pics of art to my gallery. I was sure I'd posted that earlier, but can't find it.

Great piccys. I would love to have a better look at some of your work as i am sure the photo's dont do them justice.

Greg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE