Middlewood Scout Camp Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Looking at the weather today, I believe we had a good w/end of weather by comparison.
Hail hail and hail. Oh and even worse wind.

Brings a smile to your face and feeling of slight relief (like a fart:)) that we had the weather that we had.

Are everybodys Lavvus dry yet?

My kit is dry now but I can still smell woodsmoke when I walk past it. :)

Bodge

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
My kit is dry now but I can still smell woodsmoke when I walk past it. :)

Something that is totally lost on my wife. She finds the smell of woodsmoke offensive whereas I would buy it if it was an aftershave! I wonder if ray will start stocking it on the Woodlore site soon......

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I had my tarp hanging in the bathroom, drying off for a couple of days - bathroom stank of woodsmoke :D brilliant!!!

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I've hung my lavvu in my store room at school - just behind the admin office. Secretary called maintenance as she could smell smoke!

It took them about 20minutes to trace the source, then I got the phonecall - luckily they saw the funny side, and even luckier that they didn't panick and dial 999! :eek:

Simon

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Glade outdoors plugin?! - keep it. The lavvu has been hanging over the banister all week giving a true outdoors smell complete with a carpet of leaves every time I turned it :D. The DD tarp has been hanging over the kitchen door drying too.

I'm under orders today to have it packed away :rolleyes: :D

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
Ps. what's the url. for the pirate website one of you mentioned.
pirates.gif

Sorry Wayland I can't remeber which one I was talking about (Rum-nesia). Did I mention one with the pirate texts? I'll have a dig around.

oophs
decided to demud my boots yesterday. As I cleaned them I turned my attention to the sole of my right boot only to be faced with a big blob of sole that used to resemble a tread.
I then remembered how cosy my foot had been in front of the campfire on the Saturday night and how I saw it steaming (or smoking) in the flicker of the flames.

DOH!!!!!!!

Bodge

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Bodge, I got some "North Staffordshire" Oatcakes from Sainsburys last night from a company of the same name. See if they are any good later. The Derbyshire ones I tryed the other day were lovely, but a bit thick for rolling up.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Bodge, I got some "North Staffordshire" Oatcakes from Sainsburys last night from a company of the same name. See if they are any good later. The Derbyshire ones I tryed the other day were lovely, but a bit thick for rolling up.

drooling_homer.gif

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm oatcakes.

Oh oh Addo, be careful you don't drop one on your foot mate. They also make great placemats. The super market ones are a poor excuse for an oatcake but I guess slightly better than none. Folk from round here don't partake in 'the work of the devil' or 'north Staffs Oatcakes' . Don't be put off though if you dont like them, I'll make sure you get some proper job ones next time I see you :).

Bodge

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Bloody hell! It's cold out tonight! I'm glad Middlewood wasn't this weekend!

It might be cold but we would not have had the mud probs if it had been this cold. I had my fingers crossed for freezing temps and snow for the meet ( i know , I know but i was wishing) :D Any way we all could have dived in one of the may tipi's and warmed ourselves by the wood burners or even my lesser known calor gas bushcrafting garage heater :nana:

Greg

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
My only outdoor experience at this time of year is military! Basically, you freeze and tough! It sort of puts me off slightly! In fact, i hammocked in snow in germany last year without an underblanket and it was horrible!

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Or do what I did at Middlewood, hammock with two underblankets, a sleeping bag, quilt, my fat fleece bundled up for a pillow, thermals and two pairs of socks and my wooly hat - oh and a 5 litre pee bottle ;) Why do you think I was never up before 10am, too toasty to leave my scratcher :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE