Throwing Knives.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I am currently setting up a primitive projectiles and throwing club in my wood at Forest Knights HQ.

I'm throwing John Taylor knives. Great knives to throw nice size and balance and meet the competition standard.

I have used the Bokker Throwers as well.

I am looking for a range of throwing knives to be able to offer people a choice.

Can anyone recommend some quality throwing knives available in the UK?

I am also after 6 or so small throwing hatchets. The best so far are the mini hawks from the woodsmith store.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Throwing knives are fine but doesn't throwing a sheath knife have a better feel? I suppose cost is a factor of course.

Sep 1, 2012
Manchester
Many sheath knives will not be up to the abuse of throwing. Handles come loose and blade tips snap off. One 'proper' knife that is good for throwing is the Glock 78 field knife. It is tempered for toughness rather than hardness and the handle is directly molded onto the tang so it does not come loose. They are relatively inexpensive too.

I have the sawback model 81 but I dont recommend it. The saw isnt very good and it interferes with throwing from the blade.

IMG_20130605_170146.jpg

IMG_20130605_170209.jpg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Contact LittleJohn on BritishBlades. He's designed a lovely thrower based on a now discontinued Cold Steel design.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
When i used to throw I used a few different Gib Hibben? styles. All were pretty tough and took plenty of abuse without an issue.
Might even have them somewhere, if interested ill go through all the boxes in the garage :eek:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Always interest in tools. :)

Will take a look this aft bud. If i don't come back to you send the firebrigade and tell them I am trapped under a load of boxes in the garage!

Found a few but i am sure there are more around somewhere.

IMAG2925_zpscb27cf33.jpg

IMAG2924_zpse0dd5ac2.jpg

Last edited:

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I have a set of COLT CT291 throwing knives. I don't rate them. They cost around £40 new. I picked these up at a carboot for £3 with carry case.

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
I will be bringing mine. Always good to play with and it will be nice to set up a throwing range. we will need some 30cm diameter targets.

We could ask Mad Dave or anyone else who uses a chainsaw to cut us some rounds, I would like to pick your brain on different ways of throwing and ways to improve my game.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
There's loads of demonstrations on the internet (youtube) showing how to through knives. Worth checking out. I found sticking to set distances helps 10 foot, 15 foot, 20 foot throwing marks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE