This weekend will start

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
This weekend will start a week long camping trip just me and my horse
Smokey on this one. But the real news is I will only be carrying A small
Puma axe and a bushcraft knife that I just had made for me.
I want to see if a bushcraft will do what I need a knife to do and survive.
I will let yowl know in a week (This will be the first time out in over 45
years with out my beloved Randall ) + all my gear is going to be on me and my horse. no pack horse on this one no tent just my bedroll
one pot and the food in my saddle bags

Of corse I will be carrying my Colt .45 and a saddle rifle A Winchester
also in .45 long Colt. I will be covering about 35 miles on this trip
So hears to it:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Are you likely to come across any of the wild boar hog's, or any other interesting wildlife?
Will you be taking a camera along, some pictures would be really nice to see!

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
Are you likely to come across any of the wild boar hog's, or any other interesting wildlife?
Will you be taking a camera along, some pictures would be really nice to see!
Yes there is some wild hog's where I am going. But if you leave them alone they will leave you alone. I will take my camera but it is a 35mm
leica I need to get a digital.

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
I will be leaving this morning. With one change SWMBO will be going
with me she said if I go she goes. we will take some pic,s and try to get
them up when we get back.
We will toast everyone this evening

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
Since my last post the weather hear has gone from iffy to bad
raining cats an dogs. So we will postpone this trip until the weather is better.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Yes there is some wild hog's where I am going. But if you leave them alone they will leave you alone. I will take my camera but it is a 35mm
leica I need to get a digital.

Have you shot many? I saw some video's they run like mad. There was one idiot on youtube tired to grab a boar's ear's when it was cornered up with a gang of dogs :rolleyes: :lmao: If I would of stayed in France I would of got into sanglier hunting, the local people invited me to. LOL I was visiting a historic anglo saxon place, I got the andrenaline rush just taken by surprise with a small group of young wild pigs they had in there :lmao: they were only little!
Hope your re schedule works out OK:)

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
I'm pretty sure Les Stroud did a similar trip on survivorman. It looked fantastic.

As I recall the horses were a mixed blessing in that whilst carrying him and his kit, they were also more difficult to find suitable camp spots for, what was good for the horses was bad for him and vice versa.

Can't wait to see how the trip goes.

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
Well you mite say I was born forking a horse sometimes you have take there food also.
I should also tell you that this is not my first time SHMBO and I go horseback camping for 6 to 9 weeks
every hunting season This is just a short one to test some of your bushcraft gear.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
trust me i would be over in shot, but as with all things at the moment money rules all, but that is why we've got a longterm plan, so i'll take you up on that coffee but it'll be a slow boil many thanks for the offer.

good trails.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Well you mite say I was born forking a horse sometimes you have take there food also.
I should also tell you that this is not my first time SHMBO and I go horseback camping for 6 to 9 weeks
every hunting season This is just a short one to test some of your bushcraft gear.

does she have a sister LOL

i hope you get out soon and we ALL expect pics. If possible it would be interesting to know how the horses perform and the care that they require too.

have fun

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE