This weekend has been a good weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
and I've hardly been outside.

Firstly, my Trevor Ablett stag clip point arrived. I have to say that this is the most well balanced, weighted and comfortable knife I have yet to own. For less than £50 to your door you'd be MAD not to get one.

Secondly, I learned how to strop properly thanks to a video posted by TBL (view it here)

Using this knowledge after tweaking my own stropping set up I proceeded to give an edge on my Ablett I'm convinced will whistle in a breeze.

Thirdly, I managed to finally get a chopping block (read: bit of wild pear bough) for the house. So I will no longer have to chop away using a bit of driftwood for an axe bed.

Then I get an email for Mary Stubbs telling me that Del has finished my sloyd. Something I was surprised about since I hadn't asked him to make me one (I had merely asked about postage costs and how his hand was, back in July). Nevertheless, that will be flying over in the next week or so.

And lastly, as if he was listening, HillBill put his GB carving hatchet up for sale which, after a quick bank balance reshuffle, I bought.

I love it when a plan comes together, without really leaving the house. How was your weekend?

Some pics:

IMG_0003.jpgIMG_0007.jpgIMG_0011.jpg

PS. Anyone want to buy a Brades #1 kent pattern and a Brit Army pen knife? Won't be needing then anymore!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE