They who dare.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Rummaging through a box of junk last night I found a video containing all the wee ten minute programs that the BBC produced back in the late eighties. Unusual or [so called] extreme sports.

Thing is though, I don't have a tv or video player. Was wondering if anyone knew if these had ever been released on DVD or if anyone had them in a format that could be watched on the computer.
Guess I could watch them at a pals house over a few beers but they were recorded in wonkyvision on a dodgy old toploader and the sound quality was never the best.

I've had a trawl about the net but found only passing mention of them.

Cheers,
Josh

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
No, although I suspect your inbox might fill up quick if you have all the old "Tracks" episodes. :)

These weren't bushcrafty. It was stuff like guys breaking paragliding distance records, free climbers soloing routes that most mere mortals would need a jetpack to get up, that sort of thing.
One I remember in particular was freefallers jumping out a helicopter over a bell shaped cavern and not opening the chute until they were underground....
cuckoo.gif

[Edit, just called a mate who says he might be able to transfer them to dvd. Wonkyvision's better than nothing.]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE