Thermarest or exped down mat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
" Wicca, that sucks. The new ones coe with a lifetime warranty. Have you contacted the company about the failure? "

No, I confess I haven't contacted the company. I'm trying to remember when I bought it, probably Spring 2014 and it died July 2015 so I imagine it was pre lifetime warranty. I'm also guessing that it may have been a manufacturing date which caught me out, maybe it had been rolled on a shop shelf for a year or two before I bought it. If I used it 3 or 4 times a year then I might consider buying another modern one but I find the basic military airbed does the trick at one fifth the price, more reliable for my usage.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
" Wicca, that sucks. The new ones coe with a lifetime warranty. Have you contacted the company about the failure? "

No, I confess I haven't contacted the company. I'm trying to remember when I bought it, probably Spring 2014 and it died July 2015 so I imagine it was pre lifetime warranty. I'm also guessing that it may have been a manufacturing date which caught me out, maybe it had been rolled on a shop shelf for a year or two before I bought it. If I used it 3 or 4 times a year then I might consider buying another modern one but I find the basic military airbed does the trick at one fifth the price, more reliable for my usage.

Send them an email, nothing to lose, everything to gain. Whether the lifetime warranty is a recent introduction or not, it was obviously introduced to soothe buyers and prove the mats last. Your story says they can fail. That's really bad news if you've hiked out in cold weather only to find yourself on a malfunctioning mat. I'd bet you stand a very good chance of replacement.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I have had call to use thermarest customer service twice... both times they genuinely seemed upset that their product failed and both times they resolved my problem with no hesitation or prompting. This is with items years old and well past the point many other companies would help.

Anyone expecting zero failures across tens of thousands of products is living in an alternate universe... what matters is that you are looked after if you are the one to experience that failure.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE