the word "bushcraft"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well all I can say is it seems the one skill bushcrafters all practice and that is humour. I've had to start grinning consistently while working at my desk otherwise they will spot when I am reading BCUK forums from the grin that suddenly appears on my face after reading a funny. If I grin all day I think I will get way with it. Everyone thinks I strange anyway for always wanting to stay out in the hills with nothing but a sheet of plastic, sack and a few things in titanium (I haven't mentioned the knife things, best I don't methinks).

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Although Bushcraft is a handy catch all name for some of the things I do I tend to try and avoid using it. Just as I like motorbikes but don't like being called a "Biker" as I don't ride a chopper and wear a denim cutoff lacquered with 20 year old chicken grease.

So, in short. I go camping sometimes and some of those times I take a bit less kit than most people. I don't often kip on proper campsites either.

The rest of the "Bushcraft" things I do are pretty much ways to keep myself interested while I walk the dog.
This site has a load of people on it with some serious knowledge on awide range of outdoor related subjects and that's a very good thing, keeps me interested anyway.

I suppose that the names handy and if I see a book in a bookshop that mentions it I'll look at it but I will never describe myself as a Bushcrafter, just as I never describe myself as a Biker.

I tend to take the mick out of everything, that goes for titles as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE